·
Registered
BMW i3
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure this has been covered here, so if you've missed it

bp Chargemaster and the Polar network are changing

Introducing bp pulse

The world of mobility is changing and we want to stay at the forefront of it, starting with building a new brand for electric vehicle charging.

So, we would like to welcome you to...

With bp pulse, we will continue to offer customers convenient charging solutions - at home, on the go and for businesses.

A few things are changing

A brand new website.

You'll notice our website has been revamped and has a new address www.bppulse.co.uk. The Polar and bp Chargemaster websites have been combined into one, so you should be able to find the information you're after much quicker.

Check out our new website

·
Premium Member
11,448 Posts
I know a lot on here won't be sad to see the Chargemaster name disappear. Let's hope the reliability improves, from my own experiences and other comments it does seem to have got worse recently.

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
6,912 Posts
I know a lot on here won't be sad to see the Chargemaster name disappear. Let's hope the reliability improves, from my own experiences and other comments it does seem to have got worse recently.
So the best way to improve service is to hire consultants who in turn recommend a rebranding. Sadly that blows the available budget so nothing else happens unless you have to reduce staffing to cover the costs of the consultants and hide that under a statement of "due to current trading conditions due to Covid-19" etc.

·
Registered
2020 Kona EV, Red, 230.4MJ (64kWh) Premium SE (10.5kW OBC)
63 Posts
I especially liked the comment on their website which lists a helpline phone number with the words "we'll endeavour to answer your query within 24 hours".... Great if you're standing next to a charge point which won't accept your credentials.

I suppose it's better than the old Polar helpline which endeavoured to answer your call within 24 hours - I never got through!

·
Registered
MG ZS EV
481 Posts
I'm not sure this has been covered here, so if you've missed it

bp Chargemaster and the Polar network are changing

Introducing bp pulse

The world of mobility is changing and we want to stay at the forefront of it, starting with building a new brand for electric vehicle charging.

So, we would like to welcome you to...

With bp pulse, we will continue to offer customers convenient charging solutions - at home, on the go and for businesses.

A few things are changing

A brand new website.

You'll notice our website has been revamped and has a new address www.bppulse.co.uk. The Polar and bp Chargemaster websites have been combined into one, so you should be able to find the information you're after much quicker.

Check out our new website

BP Pulse, merge with O2 and you would think it was having observations taken in hospital!

Different name same old crap who do they think they are kidding. They need to perform properly and change quickly.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I agree about the waste of money on rebranding. It was only a couple of weeks ago that they launched the new BP Chargemaster app, so why then rebrand a couple of weeks later? In any event, it hasn't improved the loading time!

Just for a laugh, I then tried the Polar Instant app which loaded quicker and in fact shows a nearby old CYC unit, which doesn't appear on the Pulse app. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Kona Ultimate 64kWh
1,669 Posts
Is this normal that, after I reported the same charger faulty for 2nd day in row and its still Green on Bp website?
It's perfectly normal for BP/Polar/Chargemaster/Pulse. They don't really care about the network, nor their reputation it seems. Just change their name again when they get enough complaints and then continue to give EV drivers the same old terrible charging experience on their network.

Don't rely on their map. Pay more attention to comments posted by drivers like you on Zap Map and Plugshare instead. It will give you a better idea of reliability, considering Polar have reported a charger as available on their app despite me arriving to find it has no power at all and the site owners explaining that it had been broken for at least 3 weeks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Must admit I have on the whole been happy with my BP Pulse experience, there have been two occasions where the card readers on their public charging points have not worked, but upon speaking with the customer service department, they have connected me and it was in a timely manner. My only gripe is where I joined BP, I made 3 payments to them whilst it was still under the 'Chargemaster' branding, and these payments have not transferred over to my Pulse account. Five months on and I am still awaiting feedback from BP Pulse as to when they will be crediting my account. One other thing to also be mindful of is that some of their charge points are in hotel car parks, so there is also a need to possibly register your car with the hotel reception as you may get a penalty charge notice from the companies which run the hotel car park. Zap Map is a good App to check the status of this.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts