Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a chargemaster installed and working fine, and just last week Octopus Go was finalised, so I'm charging nightly only in the "cheap" tariff times.

The Chargemaster app allows me to set it to charge only 00:30 to 04:30, which I've set.

But in the chargemaster log on the app it consistently reports that the charging doesn't start until 00:42 or 00:43, and this tallies with my smartmeter readings which say that in the first half hour I'm using 1.8kWh, whereas it is 3.7kWh for the other periods.

It also shows that I have usage in the period after 04:30.

So it looks like the timing of the charger "waking up" is out by about 12-13 minutes. Which is odd, as the log in the app reports what would seem to be an accurate time.

Does anyone else have a similar experience?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Don't have any experience with chargemaster other than them ignoring emails and generally messing about. However, from what I've read, you're damned lucky to get it to charge on schedule at all, because every other comment I've seen about scheduling is that it doesn't work.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The timing works perfectly, apart from the glitchy start times. They seem to move around on a regular basis!

·
Registered
4 Posts
The timing works perfectly, apart from the glitchy start times. They seem to move around on a regular basis!
The timing works perfectly even though it doesn't start when it's supposed to? That is a new definition of 'pefect'.

As I said, you got lucky with yours.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So you've not got one?

It's perfect in the sense that reliably every night there is a four hour charging window that the charger suppliers to my car which means I can maximize the time on the cheap tariff. Apart from the fact that it starts / stops 10-12 minutes early or late, the rest of the service works perfectly.

Yes of course I would like it to be precise. But I think I've been pretty clear about what it doesn't do perfectly. The rest though it's great; perfect in fact!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts