Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have just booked in an install today with chargedev and I picked the smart+ but struggling to find reviews aside from a few odd posts here which make it hard to form a solid view on how good the unit is.

I have solar panels so it made sense, but is the charge master a better unit overall?

should I get that to avoid any hassle/issues in the future given there isn’t much in the way of user reviews on the smart + available?

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
I find it helpful with something techy to write down a spec if all the required performance features, maintenance arrangements, regulatory requirements, international specification requirements, etc. Compiling the above requires a bit of research and forces some learning. Then tabulate the market offerings against the above. The right solution normally drops out.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
For some folk, the spec list can also include any ethical requirements, eg no mica mined by children components nor provided by a fossil fuel producer.

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
As above, you need to say what you are looking for before people can answer your question. @Mike Schooling on here designed the Smart+ unit for ChargedEV and often answers any sensibly phrased questions. The Kaluza software appears to do most things but you need to understand any ongoing costs with both units - don't take a no charges currently statement to mean none in the future.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I just wanted some comfort of other people who had the smart+ unit to tell me it was doing a good job for x months or years.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
I've got a different charger that has been doing a great job for nearly 3 years but no idea whether it would meet your particular requirements.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts