Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new Renault Zoe and a BP Smart Homecharge unit installed. I want to charge at Medium speed, and so I have set up an advanced schedule to allow Medium speed charging during the day. The car (a Renault Zoe 2020) starts to charge at the medium rate, but then a few minutes later it jumps up to the high speed 7kW. This is totally repeatable. Similarly if I set a slow speed charge schedule, it too starts at slow, but soon switches to fast.

I need the car to charge at medium speed, otherwise I am drawing more than I want from electrical supply. I have a Tesla Powerwall which can provide stored electricity at up to 5 kW. I wanted the Smart Homecharger so that it would limit the demand to less than 5 kW, and without it working properly it is unsuitable for my needs.

Is there a solution or is this an issue with the Homecharger in general?

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
On the basis control of the charging rate is an advertised feature and they have the Renault contract I'd suggest that you go back to BP Chargemaster and complain.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I'll be in contact with them. It is clearly a fault with the charger, but whether they can fix it will be interesting to see. Thanks for the replies and I'll post the result when I hear back from BP Chargemaster.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts