Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I have just finished a call with a retail site maintenance contract manager for BP. We were discussing something very different but he did tell me that by Q3 this year BP will have installed 150KW chargers at more than 100 additional retail locations across the UK. A delay has been the installation of the necessary infrastructure to support the huge energy demand for these thirsty beasts.

·
Registered
MG ZS EV Exclusive
118 Posts
Hi everyone,

I have just finished a call with a retail site maintenance contract manager for BP. We were discussing something very different but he did tell me that by Q3 this year BP will have installed 150KW chargers at more than 100 additional retail locations across the UK. A delay has been the installation of the necessary infrastructure to support the huge energy demand for these thirsty beasts.
Good news indeed - did he say which retailers in particular?

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,187 Posts
Good news indeed - did he say which retailers in particular?
It’ll no doubt be on their own petrol forecourts. They often pick the ones where they partner with M&S so they’ll be like mini service stations.

See here for an example.

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,187 Posts
List of motorway services where BP have a fossil fuel forecourt. All potential locations where they could install 150kW charging points.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I really hope they go ahead
But just checked BP share price down from 550p to 227p maybe busy trying to save the business rather than installing rectifiers !.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No specifics on where but it would mean that around 1/3 of BP retail locations will have rapid chargers. They are installing new substations at every location to ensure reliable supply at the higher speeds. At least they are trying to do it properly.

·
Registered
660 Posts
And they already have some. Well one fairly near me with an M&S on site and a McD 2 min walk away. This must be the way to go but let's hope they ditch the Polar membership model

·
Registered
660 Posts
Cheaper for you and less profitable for them, so they are making the most profit from those who pay for a card and use it very little. Long distance commuters without home chargers can do very well out of it and those who travel for business, but it is a bind for most users. If the BP Polar model became the norm then we will end up needing multiple cards with multiple fees.
The last two summers I took out a 3mth free membership (my wife and I did one each) and this summer (if lockdown has ended) I may pay for a month during our holiday touring Devon and Cornwall, assuming they allow that.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 R135 GT-Line with CCS in Aconite.
150 Posts
I really hope they go ahead
But just checked BP share price down from 550p to 227p maybe busy trying to save the business rather than installing rectifiers !.
EV chargers might save the business if oil prices are through the floor!!

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,381 Posts
assuming they allow that.
You can start and stop it whenever you like. I stop my during the winter and would have just started again for Easter if the virus hadn't been around.

Reactions: EdH

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,381 Posts
Petrol stations are still making the same profit per litre, you can bet your life on that.
Local Tesco down to £1.049!!!

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,381 Posts
Is that good? So long since I've used any I wouldn't know. Mind you, I still rely on oil for heating, so I'm hoping when I finally need to refill my tank, I also get some benefit.
Not 100% sure, but down about 15p to 18p in about 2-3 weeks. It was about that price when I last bought petrol over 4 years ago.

The oil drillers have nowhere to store the oil they're drilling out of the ground as the refineries have nowhere to move the finished product to. There's a complete blockage in the system. I have heard that the price of crude has gone into negative figures.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
2,158 Posts
The oil drillers have nowhere to store the oil they're drilling out of the ground as the refineries have nowhere to move the finished product to. There's a complete blockage in the system. I have heard that the price of crude has gone into negative figures.
OPEC have just agreed to cut production by 10% in order to bring the price back up.

Record deal to cut oil output ends price war

1 - 20 of 20 Posts