Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to try out my Polar card at my local Toby (Morley, Leeds) and found posts being installed blocking the entrance and exits. Spoke to the guys who were fitting them and apparently they are being fitted at all closed pubs because they are fed up with Travellers getting on the car parks during the closures.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4 MY20
492 Posts
Yep that’s a problem in these strange times we’re in. I had this with an Osprey charger in a pub car park. Gate closed so the charger was inaccessible. Understandably these restrictions haven’t made it to zap-map and are often temporary. Mind you I don’t always trust zap-map data anyway. I, and several others, have reported the destination chargers are dead at a closed pub (it’s properly closed since before COVID) but they’re still listed.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Yep that’s a problem in these strange times we’re in. I had this with an Osprey charger in a pub car park. Gate closed so the charger was inaccessible. Understandably these restrictions haven’t made it to zap-map and are often temporary. Mind you I don’t always trust zap-map data anyway. I, and several others, have reported the destination chargers are dead at a closed pub (it’s properly closed since before COVID) but they’re still listed.
If it's listed just report the unit as faulty instead and then it comes up in red... Easiest way to do it and then when reopen someone can report it open.
Just make sure when you check in, report failed on all connectors and comment it's due to the carpark being locked during lockdown.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
2,378 Posts
Click on the "info" tab on a charger in Zap-Map. If it's blocked due to the plague, it's usually marked as "restrictions".
Just add a chat message saying something like "Blocked due to COVID"

·
Premium Member
11,618 Posts
I have often been against rapids in petrol stations due to inappropriate facilities, but I guess this is a good example of why (for now) they are a reliable place to put them. Until we get more of the Gridserve type "EV only" forecourts of course 😁

Reactions: Kingpleb1
1 - 5 of 5 Posts