Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to charge at all the BP Pulse points at Perth Inveralmond 3 weeks ago. After loading £10 credit the app blocked access to them all saying I was blocked due to ICE. On reporting it instantly, it took BP 3 weeks to respond saying it was an app issue. Where is the future in charging going if these are the regular issues that put every charge in doubt!!! No recompense for the issues it caused me, or the £10 credit.

·
Registered
GOLF GTE PHEV
3,872 Posts
I had exactly the same experience at BP Pulse eastbound services on the M8 a few weeks ago. Then it displayed a server connection issue. I don't think all of the 4 chargers were working if any.

The westbound chargers have worked on both occasions I've used them, using the app which has worked well.

·
Registered
2020 Zoe ZE50 135 GT Line
713 Posts
Then it displayed a server connection issue.
Seems like a case of ‘turning it off, then on again’ (if you know what I mean!) 😉 I know they don’t like people doing this but if they had properly working machines we wouldn’t have to do it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had a similar issue. Whilst stopping the charge the app lost connection and came up with that cheeky ICED message. The charging process actually continued, the app can find the point/socket again, but cannot reconnect. Had to hang on for 46 minutes on the support line before they could stop the electrons properly and give me my cable back. Reported as a 1 star review for the app. There was a reaction from the developers asking for more details which I duly gave, however no fix yet

1 - 10 of 10 Posts