Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning it was all working, now just an empty map around Hereford
Any more members having the same problem?

·
Registered
629 Posts
Well we have just purchased an e-208. (Had an i3 for 3+ years already so we are EV aware) and they are offering 6 months free membership. (instead of the first 3 months free offer they have on already) Was prompted via the Peugeot EV app (actually working pretty well on the iPhone) to sign up to Polar as we are meant to enter our VIN details to get this 6 months free offer. But no sign of that page.
Now also prompted to sign up to BP Pulse which is the new version of the company.
Emailed their helpline. Although it states they will get back to me in 1 business day it has now been 4 days. No reply.
Rang their helpline and apart from the Covid messages, nobody is picking up.
And like the above poster says map of chargers for me anyway seems to be hit and miss. Sometimes they are there.Sometimes not. Do we really want to sign up to a company such as this? Nope.

·
Registered
Ioniq 38kwh 2020
765 Posts
I installed it the other day, it's even worse than the Polar instant/Polar plus apps! I also thought it was supposed to work with CYC points, but the one up the road from me isn't available. Not that I'd use it, seeing as it's 30p per kWh, and there's a Lidl rapid 200 yds away at only 23p! In fact never seen anyone using it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was able to charge by typing in the charger's number. Still no chargers visible in the map, or in a list.

·
Registered
372 Posts
There is a rapid BP rapid a few mile from me. A couple of weeks ago I used it using the Polar Instant app without a problem. 25p/kW.

Last week I was at that rapid again having downloaded the BP Pulse app (my Polar Instant balance and account details transferred across without a problem). The rapid now displays the BP Pulse logo on the screen however it does not appear on the app.

Its now 30p/kW. I tried entering the rapid's 5 digit identifier in the app and it is not recognised. Works fine on contactless thankfully. I sent them an email about this but it still does not appear in the app.

·
Registered
Jaguar i-Pace 21MY
1,812 Posts
I'd suggest carry on using the Polar Instant app!
Don’t think you can because it’s been retired. Email I had said it was 1st Dec ceased to function. Transferred funds I had to new app.
bp pulse app shows ones in Hereford for me, but there aren’t many over in that region and tried to use recently. Dead as a dodo and outside BP polar offices too. Scandalous.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Don’t think you can because it’s been retired. Email I had said it was 1st Dec ceased to function. Transferred funds I had to new app.
bp pulse app shows ones in Hereford for me, but there aren’t many over in that region and tried to use recently. Dead as a dodo and outside BP polar offices too. Scandalous.
Polar Instant app still works for me. Although an old CYC point which did show up on it last week (but not on BP Pulse), has now gone from Instant, but still shows on the Polar Plus app.

·
Registered
Jaguar i-Pace 21MY
1,812 Posts
Polar Instant app still works for me. Although an old CYC point which did show up on it last week (but not on BP Pulse), has now gone from Instant, but still shows on the Polar Plus app.
Maybe they have extended the crossover period to the new app and the old ones remain valid till later this month.

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq 28
8,700 Posts
Two BP Pulse sites are on the local map here - but both are around 300 metres on the map away from the real locations. Any stranger needing a charge and following the map won't find them. This anomaly was also on Plugshare, but on their app members, who are signed in, have the ability to correct such errors using local knowledge.

If that is what I see here with two local chargers then it's certain that the same fault is all over the map. So that basically if you are planning a stop at a BP Pulse site you may need to add a search time to your plan before you locate it.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Been unimpressed with both the Polar App and now the BP Pulse which seems to have less functionality. Nobody ever replied to my email to them via the app and nobody ever picked up the phone.
Failed verification passwords after being sent but eventually now both up and running. After a few days of trying.
Hopefully we will get the RFID card as requested.
Incredible that this has been produced from a multibillion £/$ company. And looking at the reviews of customers actually using these apps for a charge and the chargers themselves..... They seem very hit and miss. The best independent chargers in my experience are Instavolt (by a long way. No app required!) And Polar seem ok in Tesco car parks.Have used these rarely but they have worked as advertised with no problems.
Have only joined up as an offer that came with our new e-208. 6 months free membership instead of the 3 month offer they usually have on. Will try and use the app and chargers when able (will be rare) and if they do seem unreliable will be cancelling as soon as the free part is up.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Digressing for a moment to highlight the mixed up situation ...

A rapid near me is marked as Polar and BP Chargemaster and I have used it for a year with few problem. It accepts the ChargePlace Scotland RFID as a member. When I was there last week a BP Chargemaster engineer was working on the unit, He had updated the firmware. He closed it up and asked me to test it. The ChargePlace Scotland was rejected with a big red cross saying it was not valid even though the ChargePlaceScotland logo is displayed just before rejection. Another couple turned up and also their CPS RFID was rejected.

The engineer was puzzled as it is a ChargePlace Scotland unit run by BP Chargemaster. His Charge Your Car RFID card worked and I got a charge. I told him that the rapid did not appear on the BP Pulse network and again he seemed confused. He thought that the firmware he had updated may be the problem and immediately called Milton Keynes hHQ and spoke to the guy who designs the firmware. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

Yesterday I was at another BP Chargemaster rapid, tried ChargePlace Scotland RFID, logo appeared then same thing, my card was rejected. It works fine using contactless. So although the three Polar/BP Chargemaster rapids are maintained by BP Pulse they are not part of the BP Pulse network. In my area there are three such rapids all appearing on the ChargePlace Scotland map. None of them accept the CPS RFID card at the moment. They don't appear on the BP Pulse map.

Back to the original question. There is a forth identical BP Chargemaster rapid also which has never accepted CPS RFID card and always displayed Polar, BP Chargemaster and now BP Pulse. It worked fine with the Polar Instant app but since changing to BP Pulse it no longer appears on the BP Pulse app! It works fine on contactless (was 25p/kW now 30p/kW!).

On this last unit I raised a ticket mentioning this and received a reply that stated that the units may be due for an update or are out of action, or are privately owned, then they do not appear on the app.

Reactions: burnt_crisps2

·
Registered
372 Posts
Just updated to the latest version of the BP Pulse app on the iPhone. The missing charge points in my area now show correctly on the BP Pulse app. 25p/kW listed as the cost on the nearest rapid.

·
Registered
2020 Polestar 2
287 Posts
Just updated to the latest version of the BP Pulse app on the iPhone. The missing charge points in my area now show correctly on the BP Pulse app. 25p/kW listed as the cost on the nearest rapid.
I updated also. Now some charge points that were showing previously are missing. Great job BP Pulse, you said the update fixed this.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.