Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered an id3 then arranged home charger installation, BP Pulse come to my new(ish) house and installed it just as he was handing it over it tripped out he then checked my voltage coming into my house it read 258 volts (way too high) rang my DNO ,contractors for DNO come out and said it could be the solar panels on the estate (not my house) still pending after 3 weeks has anyone had this problem before. Thanks for any help...

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
6,863 Posts
Not unique but unusual. Is your estate in a small village at the end of the supply? Or could it be a broken PEN connection?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I live in quite a big town, not sure about the PEN connection, the fault seems intermittent when it is sunny, the DNO contractors said it could be the solar panels installers not informing the DNO and unaccounted power going back to the grid hope it gets sorted soon loosing confidence in it all...

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
6,863 Posts
Don't loose faith. Either way it's a safety issue and needs resolving regardless of having an EV. Get on the DNO's case as too high a voltage might stop other electrical items working (although not likely at that voltage) and a broken PEN is plain dangerous.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts