Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

New to the game here so this might be a rookie question!

Recently BP Pulse have installed a rapid charger near me but on their map it is labeled as 'TFL' - does this mean that is only available to cabbies?

Thanks

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,531 Posts
It may be that BP don’t police who uses the charger. After all, how would they know if a contactless card belongs to a taxi driver or not. It may be down to parking restrictions that are enforced by the borough. One near me in Gants Hill (doesn’t appear bon Zap-Map) only allows e-Taxis to park by the BP Ultracharger for 1 hour.

·
Registered
VW eGolf
316 Posts
There’s plenty in London that are TFL ones - I think where it’s using an on-street parking bay rather than private land. The one near me can be used by anyone, and also hasn’t appeared on Zap-Map yet despite being operational for a few months now.

·
Registered
2017 Golf GTE
2,686 Posts
There’s plenty in London that are TFL ones - I think where it’s using an on-street parking bay rather than private land. The one near me can be used by anyone, and also hasn’t appeared on Zap-Map yet despite being operational for a few months now.
Doesn't Zapmap rely on users to report the existence of chargers?

When our local private hospital set up a row of chargers, they didn't show on Zapmap. So I reported their existence and Zapmap checked my information with the owners before adding them to the map. They were for hospital visitors only and on private land.

Sadly, when the hospital entrance was re modelled the following year, the charge points disappeared.

So tell Zapmap what you have found!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts