Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking to go and see a Leaf Tekna 66 reg 18k mileage tomorrow.
Just had another look at the video of the Leaf i'm going to see and the brake discs look corroded on the driver and rear side. No video footage of the passenger side.
I'm just asking the dealer to see if they have done anything to sort it or is it a case of driving it around and it will be ok?
They said they only had the car come in so its not been in the forecourt for that long.
Is this common? is it a case of replacing them?
Any suggestions would be appreciated

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Renault Zoe R110 (ZE40)
981 Posts
It happens on EVs because the regen braking reduces the need for using the pads and discs.

Generally going out and braking hard a few times on a quiet road is enough to clean the brakes up. It's definitely not an immediate cause for concern nor necessarily a need to replace them.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
That's not corroded. is just a layer of rust explained by @80698 :)

if you want to clean it just get to 40mph and give it a strong braking action for a few seconds.
But personally I wouldn't worry about it

·
Registered
Leaf 30kWh, Outlander PHEV
2,213 Posts
Agreed. Not an issue.

I tend to brake sufficiently at least once a week to clean the brake pads. This is just lack of use.

- Leaf 30 kWh
Sent from mobile phone so please mind the typos

·
Registered
Leaf 30kWh, Outlander PHEV
2,213 Posts
Duplicate post #2

- Leaf 30 kWh
Sent from mobile phone so please mind the typos

·
Registered
48 Posts
Agreed with all of the above.

It will also have been compounded by the likely use of chemical alloy wheel cleaner - i've had similar on all my cars after cleaning the wheels where it looks like that if it isn't driven for a day or two.

As suggested a drive with some braking should clean them up.

Pictures of new car expected if it all goes to plan tomorrow

Good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts