Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using B mode on occasion to slow before intersections, roundabouts, etc., and now I wonder if it is safe. Does anyone know if the brake lights are activated when B mode is used? What about the three regen modes and brake lights? If not, it doesn’t seem like a safe way to drive if there is anyone behind me. I haven’t found any mention in the owner’s manual.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yes, drive at night in B mode on a deserted street and look at the rear window when lifting off the accelerator pedal and you will see the reflection of the CHMSL. I believe D1 does not decelerate enough to trigger brake lights but I think D2 and D3 may. Do the night driving test from ~40 mph and watch what happens.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, drive at night in B mode on a deserted street and look at the rear window when lifting off the accelerator pedal and you will see the reflection of the CHMSL. I believe D1 does not decelerate enough to trigger brake lights but I think D2 and D3 may. Do the night driving test from ~40 mph and watch what happens.
Thanks, time for a night drive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts