Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
We we purchased a e-niro delivery June done 1000 miles started making loud squealing noise from front brakes booked in for 4 repair at garage decided to look to see what might be wrong found a 8-mm stone jammed between rotor disc and cooling plate there seems to be a design fault that allows stones to drop in from top and then cannot get out at the bottom believe it's happening a lot

Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
We we purchased a e-niro delivery June done 1000 miles started making loud squealing noise from front brakes booked in for 4 repair at garage decided to look to see what might be wrong found a 8-mm stone jammed between rotor disc and cooling plate there seems to be a design fault that allows stones to drop in from top and then cannot get out at the bottom believe it's happening a lot
Can you explain a little bit more? Or provide an image?

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
HI Gary J
I'm not sure why Kia has a shield to the brake disk for cooling you don't have to use the brake's on e-niro?,and to fit with just 2-4mm from disk with a big catch hole on the top seems a bit DUMB, but it's still a great "CAR"
BRIAN

Registered
It鈥檚 not for cooling. It鈥檚 to shield the disc and other components from road dirt etc. Just as necessary on an EV as any other car.

It would be pretty dumb if the design is as portrayed but it鈥檚 unlikely to be the case. These components have been fully understood for decades.

There鈥檚 a very slight risk of this happening with any car, I had it with my XF not longer after I got it. Stopping and reversing a few metres fixed it for me and it not happened since, with the XF or any other car.

I鈥檇 reserve judgement and see if it is anything but a very rare occurrence.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts