Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has been a lot of discussions about Brake Pads on TMC.
FWIW UK biased experiences added HERE > http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/5995-Brake-Pads/page15?p=685993#post685993

I still feel a bit like I'm 2-timing a girlfriend by posting stuff both on the Tesla section here and/or on TMC.....Here is 'the nice girl next door': simple, clean, honest and uncomplicated . TMC by contrast is big, glamorous and has huge depth of knowledge - but I suspect is being tempted away by a handsome model (S) :D

How do you other 2-timing B'stards feel ? ... you know who you are (@dpeilow @Arch @Kevin Sharpe et al )

·
Registered
296 Posts
Splitter ;-)

Actually I've already added to your TMC post on brake pads moments ago !

As for two timing my GF with forum posts .. mine spends just as much time doing horse related stuff on horse forums, so it kinda balances out.

My mistress remains silent in between being thoroughly abused though, but is right now charging up for a weekend event at the TopGear test track :)

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have always found the level of technical knowledge and the 'can do' attitude on TMC refreshing. I suspect that will be very hard for any forum to follow...
That is SO true ! I wonder if its a UK / US thing ? welcoming of 'the new', no fear of change etc ?

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts

FWIW I really welcome and enjoy the more technical conversations, I just think some are really concerned somehow that Teslas are going to muscle in and "ruin the party" somehow.

I do also think there's more trepidation about safety in general with UK folk than US when it comes to transport in general, I certainly saw more adventurous stuff form the US MINI folk than I did from those in the UK, from day one onwards, always pushing the boundary a bit further.

Bring folk with you though, show them what can be done, and there's many who'll enjoy the ride I'm sure.

·
Banned
1,128 Posts

FWIW I really welcome and enjoy the more technical conversations, I just think some are really concerned somehow that Teslas are going to muscle in and "ruin the party" somehow.
I don't think it is that at all - there is nothing anti-Tesla going on. What we have is an overlap from the old-school Tesla where you had to make up things like cables, because none existed, and the new normal, which is mainstream where cables etc need to meet specifications. There is going to be a period of adaptation as what was once a 'tinker' field becomes somewhere that you have to play by the rules. Once it is mainstream you really can't get away with what went before.

Contrary to Kevin, I see a lot more innovation in the UK (& Europe) than in the US in my area - mostly because we have had more relaxed regulation than the US for a long time and a much more competitive market. Different fields I'm sure experience different spreads. What we do have is more of a 'shed' mentality - tinkering is much more of a UK thing - we are just a lot smaller, so you see less of it on forums such as TMC.

·
Banned
1,128 Posts
'Shed' mentality ... Like Formula 1, Rolls-Royce, carbon nano-tubes, Lotus, JLR, Rennishaw, Dyson, ....... :)
Exactly that. We are good at innovation. Words like 'shed' and 'hack' are not negative things.

The R side of R&D is what the UK system is good at - it's why large US corporations like to open research labs here.

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
I don't think it is that at all - there is nothing anti-Tesla going on.
You probably missed a couple of the posts I deleted, but that's for the best so we wont go over that here! ;) Some folk will use any little thing to back up their views, I can only moderate and encourage folk to be inclusive and eventually it will stick.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You probably missed a couple of the posts I deleted, but that's for the best so we wont go over that here! ;) Some folk will use any little thing to back up their views, I can only moderate and encourage folk to be inclusive and eventually it will stick.
Great Stuff !
'Playing Nice' is always best :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts