Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
441 - 444 of 444 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was told Kia Technical sent the garage 10 different noises which they were to match to the noise from my car. This concluded the noise was coming from the gearbox, however the cause was a faulty engine mount which had caused an issue inside the gearbox. The part ordered was brand new and not in the country until mid October, so perhaps this is a new line of thought for Kia?

I can certainly understand how an engine mount could cause this issue and potentially damage one of the internal shafts through bending or misalignment. Should that be the case, this really should be a service bulletin to either check or just replace the engine mounts.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was told Kia Technical sent the garage 10 different noises which they were to match to the noise from my car. This concluded the noise was coming from the gearbox, however the cause was a faulty engine mount which had caused an issue inside the gearbox. The part ordered was brand new and not in the country until mid October, so perhaps this is a new line of thought for Kia?
Mine has had the motor mounts changed as well as the reduction gearbox. The next stage is the motor itself and the part(s) are awaited.

441 - 444 of 444 Posts