Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Vendor
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

We've got a brand new LEAF Tekna 30kWh in Sonic Blue (which is a discontinued colour, so this is one of the last available) for sale at our Wigan branch.

As an exclusive offer to SpeakEV, and only if registered before 31st December 2016, I can offer a great deal on finance or as a cash purchase.

Contact me today for an individual quote.

Thanks,
Miles

·
Registered
460 Posts
And the 24 month PCP 10kpa with £500 deposit would be?

Thanks

·
Registered
308 Posts
£312 equivalent per month when the deposit is factored in....
Are they really the best deals available?
We're now dealing with a car that went in to production in 2010 and is due for replacement imminently...
Similarly, even with the 30kwh battery pack, the ~100 mile range is looking short compared to the 250 mile range advertised by the Renault Zoe.

·
Registered
486 Posts
The Zoe is a different (and inferior) vehicle to the Leaf and will never achieve 250 miles anyway. It's like saying that your Vauxhall Astra is more expensive than my Renault Megane. Miles offered the deal - if it doesn't meet your needs then don't buy it, not sure why you felt the need to diss it.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I've been struggling with the dilemma about the Leaf's range, though you're comparing real world with NEDC. The other factor with the Zoe on longer trips is once you exhaust its range you're in for a long wait and £6 per half hour (at least with the standard model). It's also a smaller car and the mid range model lacks some equipment against the Tekna. Having said that, if the Zoe was available right now and RCI weren't offering to settle my PCP early in exchange for buying another Nissan, I'd probably be tempted by the ZE 40.
I've discounted the i3 ReX, even though it solves the range issues, as it's 50% more expensive than the Leaf over 3 years.

·
Vendor
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@plokij Trust me, we are losing a stack of money to sell at this price. This isn't just the normal "salesman speak" to suggest we're not making as much money, we really are losing money with this deal. But, it's just the last car we need to sell before Christmas, so we're taking the hit so that someone gets a great deal, and we meet our targets.

We have been informed that there's likely to be a RRP increase in Jan too, so I can't imagine that deals will be any cheaper if you wait until next quarter. If anything, the prospect of a newer / longer range model will only depress residual values further, making PCP even more expensive in the future.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Wow, some dealers are really chucking the family silver at these this month then....

·
Registered
308 Posts
... if it doesn't meet your needs then don't buy it, not sure why you felt the need to diss it.
For sure, at those sorts of prices I shall not be getting another Leaf when my current PCP expires.. The problem here is that by now I was hoping that more people would be encouraged to buy them, not less as prices would/should start falling, range would've increased, etc..

It seems in the past 2 yrs, the opposite is happening, with prices rising... This I doubt will encourage greater uptake of zero emission motoring...
It's all well and good you or me buying an EV, but when we're paying a premium and still breathing in everybody elses fumes in the city, it is futile.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I too wish that PCP prices hadn't increased. However, the Leaf is pretty much the cheapest new EV available, judged on monthly cost, and whilst Nissan GFV's have dropped, they're still unrealistically high, and hence being subsidised.

A more pertinent conversation, though completely off topic, would be about the role of Government incentives in encouraging car buyers to consider the wider environmental and societal costs of their choices, and not just the immediate financial impact to them as individuals; or questioning continuing fossil fuel subsidies. Nissan Renault remain more enlightened than most of the car industry.

·
Registered
308 Posts
The initial high list price of the Leaf is being "discounted" by artificial GFVs IMHO.
I thought that battery cost per kWh had come down significantly? I'm not seeing any similar reduction in list prices...

There is another thread where people are discussing £189pm Leaf PCPs... So there is some hope.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I would agree.
Having just completed the deal on a 30 Kwh 6.6 Kw Tekna at Chorley Nissan's Chorley branch today I can agree - got a great deal overall .
And I can back up what Miles says about the one in this thread being the last one they need to sell before xmas. as mine was the 2nd last one. What I did find nice was the Honesty in the Dealership about how many they needed to sell to meet their target .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts