Call/text/whatsapp Steve for more information
Renault Tamworth

07312 118 619
01827 30 50 80

·
Registered
'18 Zoe ZE 40 R110 + '21 VW ID.4 1st
421 Posts
£4000 a year to borrow a car that;'s never yours? bonkers.
I never understood that argument. There are plenty of people who prefer new cars, whether because of the new tech, the styling, or the warranty, but who also tend to change cars every 3-5 years. You might not think that is sensible, but without people like that the used car market would be even rougher than it is now! And for those people, the monthly cost of a lease is very comparable (in some cases even less) than the depreciation of the car, so after those 3-5 years you are no worse off financially than if you had paid cash, but with the added benefit of being able to easily trade in for something new. It is like buying a house - if you know you are only going to be living in a particular location for 4-5 years, then on average you are better off renting then getting a mortgage.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Full details on the pcp agreement

Zoe Riviera​
MRRP
£34,795​
PICG
£2,500​
SPMC
£29,929​
SAVE
£4,866​
CUSTOMER DEPOSIT
£299
SPMC DEPOSIT
£5,000​
BALANCE TO FINANCE
£24,630​
48 X
£299
GFV
£13,262​
TOTAL PAYABLE
£32,913​
APR (2.0047%)
3.9%​
MILEAGE
6000​

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Full details on the pcp agreement

Zoe Riviera​
MRRP
£34,795​
PICG
£2,500​
SPMC
£29,929​
SAVE
£4,866​
CUSTOMER DEPOSIT
£299
SPMC DEPOSIT
£5,000​
BALANCE TO FINANCE
£24,630​
48 X
£299
GFV
£13,262​
TOTAL PAYABLE
£32,913​
APR (2.0047%)
3.9%​
MILEAGE
6000​
Quote can be amended to your personal requirements eg mileage deposit etc

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
22,636 Posts
who here bought zoes at RPP? mine cost 7k less than RPP brand spanking new.nearly 3 years later i could sell it for 4k less than what i paid for it. less than £1.5k per year.
Which illustrates the point nicely.

You’ve tied up your capital in something that looses money, when you could be investing it. Also, you don’t have easy liquidity.

You aren’t guaranteed a sale price until you sell it, either.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT Line & Hyundai Ioniq 38kW Premium
54 Posts
My GT Line lease is only £240 per month with 8k miles (no big deposit either).
Leasing can be cheaper than PCP but it’s not for everyone.
This is probably the cheapest PCP I’ve seen recently and a lot less than my local dealer quoted last year.

·
Registered
2020 Zoe ZE50 135 GT Line
641 Posts
As opposed to sinking £30k into a depreciating asset?
This is very true, but at the end of the day you will be losing money either way. At least if you purchase you’ve got something at the end of it. Bit like buying a house with a mortgage compared to renting.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Which illustrates the point nicely.

You’ve tied up your capital in something that looses money, when you could be investing it. Also, you don’t have easy liquidity.

You aren’t guaranteed a sale price until you sell it, either.
i rather spend 19k on something i can sell for 14k than spending £12k on something that i know i will get nothing out of it. Plus i got the option of keeping the car after paying the 19k. I also have no mileage excess fees, dont have to pay up for any cosmetic imperfection on return and so on. leases do.

·
Registered
'18 Zoe ZE 40 R110 + '21 VW ID.4 1st
421 Posts
How about we agree that different people finance different cars in different ways, and that is okay? I was always in the "never new" club until I wanted to replace the family car with a full EV and nothing available fit the bill besides the ID.4. Now I have a new ID.4 on PCP and could not be happier! What works for one person might not work for someone else, and there is nothing wrong with that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts