Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had me brand new Zoe for less than a month when it developed a fault and could not be started. A message on the binnacle kept saying 'Turn steering wheel + start' however the steering wheel had locked and myself and 4 (!) tow truck drivers were unable to sort it so eventually it got towed to a dealer (Renault London West).

This all happened on 18th September (3 weeks ago) and I have called up the dealer and they still have no idea on the issue. Very frustrating as it seemed to me to be a simple issue they should be able to look at and resolve quickly but either its a very large issue or they are not spending enough time working on my car. They also don't provide me with any updates (which i guess makes sense given they don't actually understand the issue yet!)

I have been provided with a hire car but it's an ICE car and we had just become an all EV household with the purchase of our Zoe. Question is should i complain to Renault UK about this and also, given the Zoe is a lease, should i ask for a payment holiday given i am unable to use my car unless they can provide me with an equivalent car i.e. another Zoe or EV?

·
Registered
942 Posts
I got a £200 good will gesture when I was without my (older) Zoe for 5 weeks or so. Their warranty 'doesn't cover losses' so they weren't interested in the actual costs over that time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all - i did call and spoke to customer services who are going to chase this up with the dealer. I also spoke to RCI Financial (as the car is leased) and asked them if they can chase and also if they are able to waive monthly payments due whilst i do not have the car.

I am hopeful this will push the dealership to atleast provide me with regular updates! Worst case I asked if RCI can just replace the car given they own the car! Lets see what happens but i feel the dealership will get a call from both entities and hopefully this is enough for them to pull their finger out!

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
29,151 Posts
Thanks all - i did call and spoke to customer services who are going to chase this up with the dealer. I also spoke to RCI Financial (as the car is leased) and asked them if they can chase and also if they are able to waive monthly payments due whilst i do not have the car.

I am hopeful this will push the dealership to atleast provide me with regular updates! Worst case I asked if RCI can just replace the car given they own the car! Lets see what happens but i feel the dealership will get a call from both entities and hopefully this is enough for them to pull their finger out!
If they say they haven't got one, you can have mine instead, albeit with a creaking roof, leaking door seals, questionably noisy transmission, non functional sun visor and no ac PLUS heat at the same time. They might well regard this as a Zoe in a 'perfect' condition.

·
Registered
587 Posts
If they say they haven't got one, you can have mine instead, albeit with a creaking roof, leaking door seals, questionably noisy transmission, non functional sun visor and no ac PLUS heat at the same time. They might well regard this as a Zoe in a 'perfect' condition.
you can have AC and heat, it works fine, you just have to press the AC button with the temp up

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
29,151 Posts
you can have AC and heat, it works fine, you just have to press the AC button with the temp up
I have the Play. I do not think it is programmed to do this. I think the car has the hardware but someone screwed up when programming the 'manual' controls. Someone dumb enough who didn't understand why you'd want heat and AC at the same time, is my guess.

Dealer has now confirmed the behaviour of the car, and largely agreed with my assessment.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I have the Play. I do not think it is programmed to do this. I think the car has the hardware but someone screwed up when programming the 'manual' controls. Someone dumb enough who didn't understand why you'd want heat and AC at the same time, is my guess.

Dealer has now confirmed the behaviour of the car, and largely agreed with my assessment.

Well it works fine on mine, heat set at 21c and AC on drying the air nicely, but mine is GTline

1 - 17 of 17 Posts