Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 20
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

New to the EV world, just wondering if anyone knows the best breakdown cover? Preferably want the assurance in case I do run out of battery I can get to at least the nearest charger.

Thanks

Ronan

·
Registered
Kona PremSe64k 2020+bluelink +ohme
423 Posts
Hi,

New to the EV world, just wondering if anyone knows the best breakdown cover? Preferably want the assurance in case I do run out of battery I can get to at least the nearest charger.

Thanks

Ronan
If you bought new then check whether breakdown cover is included. I know it is with Hyundai as a bonus while you get the car serviced with them. I had reason to call out the AA via them when my 12v failed one morning - though having had the battery update done I don't expect that problem again anytime soon.

·
Registered
204 Posts
This is worth a look.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just renewed with LV and despite me not taking them up on the optional breakdown cover, they include recovery to nearest charger with their policy FOC.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,390 Posts
Kia comes with 1 year RAC breakdown cover. I'm sure mine does. It is free of charge, but the documentation was so vague, I could not even find a phone to put in my mobile.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
1,841 Posts
Kia comes with 1 year RAC breakdown cover. I'm sure mine does. It is free of charge, but the documentation was so vague, I could not even find a phone to put in my mobile.
It'll most likely be the standard RAC callout number.
If you need to call, then you should tell them that your membership came with the car.
If it's at all like my bank-provided AA membership, it's the cheapest level offered.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,390 Posts
It'll most likely be the standard RAC callout number.
If you need to call, then you should tell them that your membership came with the car.
If it's at all like my bank-provided AA membership, it's the cheapest level offered.
Thanks for reminding me, I was planning to read through it again. It might have been that the phone number was Kia, which I'm assuming would dispatch RAC... as I said, I need to read it again and sort it out for myself. Which I think would be the best advice to the OP as well.

Reactions: WonkoTheSaneUK

·
42k miles on public charging. Am I an expert yet?
2,697 Posts
One thing to bear in mind with the manufacturer provided ones, is that if you need recovery they'll usually only recover you to a manufacturer main dealer. Doesn't mean they're not useful, just bear in mind ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts