Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Erm I thought it was for first year only, will double check.
With Hyundai it's a year and then it gets refreshed for 12 months each time you get it dealer serviced according to the schedule. I'd think Kia would have something similar (even my wife's Smart car has that).

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks all. Do any of them mention or have specific ev parts, I know rac have started to carry ev charger to get you charged so you can get to closest charger.
I think any of them are going to struggle to do anything other than tow you to a garage. If the RAC can at least give you a little boost, that is better than a tow. BTW, aren't some EV's fussy about being towed?

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
You need to consult the user manual about towing - as you should with any car. I don't think any recovery company will flat tow a car these days as it's too risky, but most should be OK with the driven wheels lifted off the ground on a dolly or bar. (No good for AWD of course.)

·
Registered
118 Posts
A further vote here for Start Rescue. A fair bit cheaper than the others, and seem to work just as well. A couple of years back, my partner's (then) Ford failed to start on the drive one Sunday morning due to a knackered battery. The recovery guy (whom said he'd travelled 20 odd miles from his base) turned up in an hour or so and fitted a new battery of the correct type, the call centre operator first having ascertained the make and type of vehicle during the initial call-out. All good. (y)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts