Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Bricked PodPoint Solo after BMS

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  HandyAndy 
#1 ·
OK, so got a load of recall udpates yesterday (BMS, OSEV charge performance improvement, and ABS/ESP update).

Plugged into my Podpoint solo when I got home and charged to 100%.

I had been sitting in the car this morning, running the climate control for a bit, and the battery was showing at 99% and still charging at 6.4kw

Jumped out of car, hit 'Stop Charging' in the Bluelink App. Vehicle charging port unlocks and releases cable. Podpoint however was still locked. Left it for a while. No change, so went and killed the circuit breaker for the Podpoint to see if it would reset. Have done that a few times, and when powered on, it no longer has a status light and the cable is still locked in.

Anyone any ideas on why this might have happened? (other than Podpont is simply faulty - could it be a known issue with vehicle or podpoint software?)
And any ideas how to release my charging cable from the Podpoint?

#5 ·
Actually.... (thanks to the people who pushed me towards the other thread on Rolec) I have now reset the trip switch. What I didn't know is that the way you reset it is to push the switch the opposite direction. It then will turn on again.
Hopefully this is a total coincidence that the RCBO tripped after the BMS update, but will keep you informed if it happens again.

#7 ·
There is something very, very wrong with either the type 2 specification or the standards around its implementation...

#9 · (Edited)
If your Podpoint is dead, contact evbitz.uk to get it repaired. Far cheaper than the mfr who will quote aboue £450, and in fact they'll install a Viridian controller & bin the Podpoint PCB probably. You'll lose any Podpoint smarts though. Ok if you're happy with a simple, dumb EVSE that won't have cable-locking either!
I dislike EVSEs that lock the Type 2 in. I'd rather have the car lock cable at the car's end, and cut out the 3 plastic retaining bars in the type 2 plug at EVSE end, so it cannot keep hold of the cable if (and when) the lock mechanism fails.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.