Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to go to Wilko today to buy rat poison as we have quite an infection. But saw a wonderful piece of initiative by the woman who served me. Here is the feedback I sent to Wilko, I hope they take it on board. (and anywhere else that has this type of till)

Till precautions for coranovirus on two of the three tills.
Normal system was for customer to place items on till, Then cashier picks them up and scans then customer packs them. Any contamination is spread via till or operator.

The till I used it was perfect. I placed items on till. The cashier then took out the scanner "gun" As I placed the items in my bag the cashier scanned them without touching them. As I was leaving she cleaned the till for the next customer.

Please implement this system on every till and Reward Katherine (location) for this great idea. This will make a great difference.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Just give them covid - rats are nearly as bad as karaoke Brits for their inability to socially distance themselves

Not like the lady in boots last week

I picked up a glasses prescription for old lady

woman behind till takes glasses case out of bag, opens case, checks glasses, pugs case down asks me if I need a bag then goes to and me glasses, stops, alcohol gel cleans her hands then gives the glasses to me - clearly forgetting she’s just spent the last 5 mins handling them

bless

JJ

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
It requires thought and care that I think is beyond most people to really decontaminate hands. I have to actually stop and think about what I've touched, including the little gel bottle and its cap if I'm out, what I'm going to touch after cleaning, and thus how to do the process without ending up more or less where I began. It's flipping hard.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
We do so many things without knowing we are doing

It’s the old PM model of understanding

dont know you don’t know
Know you don’t know
You know you know
Don’t know you know

in a motoring scenario

when young - you don’t know you can’t drive
When 17 and doing lessons - you know you don’t know how to drive