Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Ze50 GT Line Elmo Referral ISB2GG for mutual £50 off
420 Posts
There’s also 4 InstaVolt chargers that are going in at McDonald’s Cribbs, last time I checked they had started the ground works to 👍🏻
Hopefully they’ll be the new 120kW BYD units

·
Registered
55 Posts
That's great, I don't venture north of the river much but good to know it's there. Is there anything remotely like this in South Bristol?

·
Registered
ID.4 Life Pure
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think the BYD units are Instavolt's standard now. Like the pair they installed at Farnborough McDonald's in time for Fully Charged Outside.
I do think the location they placed them at Bristol MCDonalds is dreadful though. They'll constantly be ICEd as it's where most people have always parked in those bays.

·
Registered
Mustang Mach-e SR RWD
9 Posts
Am I missing something, there's 8 parking spaces and 16 cables, can you only use one side of the charger at a time, or is one side CSS and the other Type 2?

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
From the photo it looks to be opposite Nissan in Hayes Way near the Brabazon Roundabout - is that correct? In any case I wouldn't need to use them, as there are free rapids at the Nissan garage itself. :)

·
Registered
479 Posts
Its kind of a shame they are not all on the same bit of tarmac - allowing users to choose whichever network they prefer/have loyalty to etc... Like you see for some of the fast charging stations in Germany for example...

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,614 Posts
Its kind of a shame they are not all on the same bit of tarmac - allowing users to choose whichever network they prefer/have loyalty to etc.
As it’s at Cribbs Causeway they could have two large networks, one at each end as anchors, and then lots of different smaller networks in between. ;)

·
Registered
ID.4 Life Pure
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So Cribbs Causeway now has
3 GridServe (6 cars once the magical update releases)
8 EV Power
12 Tesla
1 Geniepoint
4 Instavolt
1 Shell

Pretty incredible. Shame there is no simple way to check availablity of Cribbs as a whole.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts