Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
So Cribbs Causeway now has
3 GridServe (6 cars once the magical update releases)
8 EV Power
12 Tesla
1 Geniepoint
4 Instavolt
1 Shell

Pretty incredible. Shame there is no simple way to check availablity of Cribbs as a whole.
I can see a broken BP Pulse on the earlier map screenshot too! (unless the underlying Google Maps data is wrong)

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
And 3 Gridserve at Mollies Diner, if you want a better burger and save 10p/kWh

View attachment 149673
Mollies was excellent both times I visited. Both the chargers and the diner.

Ermm I may have been saving 10p a kWh but I'm pretty sure it was expensive here... I'm assured the Salted caramel shakes are absolutely awesome by my kids... The coffees pretty good too.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've said this before but it's worth a reminder - the new MFG 150kw units and Instavolt 120kw units have a 200amp output limit which means 400v vehicles will see a realistic power output limit of 80kw even if they can charge faster than this.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I've said this before but it's worth a reminder - the new MFG 150kw units and Instavolt 120kw units have a 200amp output limit which means 400v vehicles will see a realistic power output limit of 80kw even if they can charge faster than this.
Same with Gridserve

Reactions: sungrad

·
Registered
43 Posts
The EV Rapiton Chargers MFG are installing do have a 250amp version, but they also have a 200amp version. In London at least MFG seems to have installed the 200amp versions at the two locations I have now visited. Yes the sign by the plug said [email protected] the actual charger was rated for 200amp according to the metal plate on the back of the charger, which is closer to 80kw, but it might be they're installing the 250amp variant elsewhere.

Also with a relatively high nominal battery voltage (of say 450V) during charging you could get a peak or 90kw or a little more from 200amp, yes. If they're 250amp you might get 110kw or a little more.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Wahey.

It's in a pretty perfect location for anyone going from the South West to The Midlands or vice versa, and makes up a bit for the current pretty dire charging provision along the M5 north of Bristol. I suspect it'll be very popular next summer.

·
Registered
EGolf
127 Posts
Ironically the Mall itself has just two 13A Sockets (if you cant find them) that are locked, you need to track down the key to use them.....Needless to say I didnt bother. Pretty poor for a complex that boasts over 7000 parking spaces!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yes I used the ones in Stretford last weekend. The charge max'ed out at 77kW and then dropped to 55kW as it reached 70% in my Kona.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts