Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to a gig next week (Thursday 29th) at Bristol Ansons Rooms.

The nearest car park (with destination charging) is the west end car park BS8 1JX.

What is the situation here with charging? Are they normally ICED. Are they reliable? etc.

Normally I wouldn't be that bothered but I will have my mate in my car and don't really want to be searching for a charge point. Or not charge at all and have to do a rapid charge on the way home.

This will also be the first time I use my source west card so I'm not sure on how reliable these stations are.

Thanks anyway!

Dean

·
Registered
705 Posts
I could not get my Source West card to work in Bristol. I tried two charge points with zero response from the card. I now have a replacement which I have yet to try. I saw several points and all were clear ready for use.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I could not get my Source West card to work in Bristol. I tried two charge points with zero response from the card. I now have a replacement which I have yet to try. I saw several points and all were clear ready for use.
Well the card works at an Ecotricity rapid - so that's a start :) I also have the app on my phone and i'm led to believe you can also start the charge session through your phone.

Lets just hope it works fine - or I will look like a wally in front of my mate after me saying how good EV's are :p

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm in Bristol, and can help you if you get stuck, matey. Generally, the Source West points in the council car parks are ok. The posts in the Brislington park and ride are well dodgy, for example. I have a 16amp charger at my home (type 2 connector) you could use if you're really stuck!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I think I'll give the West end car park a go and hope it's working and not ICED. Would be nice to travel back home to South Wales (60 miles) with out the need to rapid charge.

Will let you know how I get off with charging at a source West station :)

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry been busy haven't had the chance to post.

In the end I did park at West End. £2.50 to park for 4.5 hours. Source West point worked flawlessly and left the car park with 100% which allowed me to get home with out stopping for a rapid (58 miles to get home).

166 miles driven on Thursday.... Who said these short range BEV's are no good for long distances? If the charging infrastructure is there and it's reliable, it's a doddle!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also, in total I think there were six chargers. Looking at your photo Paul, I used the newer charger.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I go every few months and usually park in the Grove. 2/3 at weekends. Never been iced and never failed. Polar hw but works with source bristol card

1 - 15 of 15 Posts