Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Why am I posting this?
Because I placed an order for a 10 Metre Rocal 32A cable,
Rolec Electric and Hybrid Vehicle Charging 10Metre Cable 32Amp (7.2Kilo Watt) Type 2 – Type 2 – Brite Detailing
the money has been taken, delivery is a week overdue, and I can’t establish contact.

Look at the website for Brite Technical Services (aka Brite Detailing) and they seem to be still in business, with an address of 103 Corsebar Road, Paisley, Renfrewshire, PA2 9PY, and a phone number of +44 (0) 141 319 8382, email [email protected].
The phone number is invalid, and 118118 doesn’t recognise either of those names at that address.

Typical EV page detailing charge points Charging Points – Brite Detailing

If you Google ‘Brite Detailing’ it returns an address of 20 Kilbowie Rd, Clydebank, Glasgow G81 1TH, phone 0141 280 3010
This number is quoted on the Brite Detailing web site as their Technical Services contact point.
Again the number is invalid, and 118118 doesn’t recognise Brite Detailing or Brite Technical Services at that address.

I have now found a Facebook page saying that Brite Detailing were holding a Clearance sale in January 2018.
Brite Detailing

There is probably more detail that could be quoted, but you probably get the picture.

I have sent emails to the email addresses listed at different points on the web sites, but while they haven’t been returned as ‘undeliverable’, they haven’t been answered either.

Moving to Companies House, I find that Pauline MCLAUGHLIN is the sole current Director, with a correspondence address of 103 Corsebar Road, Paisley, Renfrewshire, PA2 9PY.
She is also the sole director of VIVI LIVING LIMITED and BLIPPE LIMITED, both using the same correspondence address.

Pauline McLaughlin is listed as the contact point at [email protected] (Electric Vehicle Charge Point Quotes - www.evcpq.co.uk) although I have yet to find what name they are listed under at Companies House.

Also associated with Blippe and www.evcpq.co.uk is a Paul McComish, listed as an Investor at BLIPPE he resigned as a Director on 3rd January 2018.
He is listed at Companies House as having 7 Directorships at various times, now resigned from all of them as he was disqualified, effective 9th Jan 2018 until 8th Jan 2024.
The Corsebar Road address does feature in the Paul McCormish listings, but so do other addresses around Glasgow and Paisley.

I’m still working on the case, but I’ve probably gone as far as I can until next Monday, but I thought I’d post my findings to date, for people to draw whatever conclusions they wish.

Regards.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Paul McComish was on a number of EV related Facebook groups back in December. He's been banned from at least some of them because of his alleged business history. He was doing a lot of advertising for Brite Detailing.

At the time someone posted a link to the government's Insolvency Service website about him, but it's gone now, presumably because it's over three months old. I can't remember the details, but I do remember finding it a sobering read.

(original link in case it's archived somewhere: Request Rejected)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thankyou Jayne, the Search Page of the Insolvency Commisioners is Search for disqualified company directors - GOV.UK but as you imply, the online records are only for the last three months. The page has an email contact point should details be required.
On the Companies House record for him, Paul MCCOMISH - Disqualification Details (free disqualification information from Companies House), the basic details are
Disqualified for conduct while acting for
  • MCCOMISH LIMITED
Reason
Company Directors Disqualification Act 1986 (Section 7): Disqualification order or undertaking; and reporting provisions
There is no onward link.
Pauline Mclaughlin is not shown as having any link to McComish Ltd, which is presumably why her name fronts up the other companies.

Regards.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Contact your credit card company and you'll get your money back. Don't bother chasing the firm as the CC company are jointly liable under UK law

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey folks, Paul is organising an event at the Riverside Museum 1st and 2nd June. I reckon maybe trading standard would like to hear about your cable problem David.
If anyone else has had any dealings with this company and Paul I would be interested to hear to see if we can build a case against him.
Heather

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey folks, Paul is organising an event at the Riverside Museum 1st and 2nd June. I reckon maybe trading standard would like to hear about your cable problem David.
If anyone else has had any dealings with this company and Paul I would be interested to hear to see if we can build a case against him.
Heather
Riverside Museeum where? Glasgow?
As I asked for assistance from Citizens Advice I understand details were automatically sent to Trading Standards.

I was advised by CAB to send a Snail Mail letter, in a format based on a draft from CAB, to the address given for Brite.
Before I could do this I was advised by my bank that they would re-imburse me, which they did.
The CAB letter was to formally request the return of the money Brite had banked. Following the banks action I felt that action by me to recover funds directly from Brite could have been seen as fraud, so I took no further action.

Regards.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts