Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what the average waiting time for British Gas to install the free charging station.?

I hadn't received any acknowledgement of my application after a week, so contacted them to check if they had received it. They advised me I would have to wait until there was enough work in the North West to justify sending an engineer for a week!

Guess I may be waiting some time.

·
EV-Box, Partner Manager Distribution Channel
11 Posts
Geoff

Let me know if you are still waiting and if so want to look at an alternative, I can speak to our local installer for you and see if we can resolve this quicker for you

Kind regards
Martyn

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just got back from a weeks holiday expecting to have received a message from BG, but still nothing. It will be three weeks on Monday since I sent in the application.

Martyn, if you can give me further details on the alternative, I may be interested.

Geoff

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still no response from British Gas, but I'm pleased to say I found a reliable alternative. NuWorld Energy based in Sheffield contacted me and offered to install my free charger within a week. I'm pleased to say they kept their promise and the charger was installed yesterday. NuWorld also arranged for their electrical contractor to carry out some additional work for me at quite a reasonable cost and so I got two jobs completed in one day. Thanks to Mark at NuWorld for sorting this for me.

Geoff

·
Banned
558 Posts
I had a survey by Brit Gas - all was agreed. 6 weeks later and on the evening before the booked appointment, they called and said - 'no can do'!
EDF did it the next week FOC and the installation was excellent - they did a spur (fuse box was full); added an timer and additional meter within the new box. It programmed for Econ 7 Hrs - but with a override.
3-G seems to work and I get a nice printout, by e-mail monthly!
EDF may be French-owned, but the give a great service!

·
Registered
121 Posts
First appointment they didn't turn up and no reason given. Second appointment installation completed. Since then the comms failed for several weeks and wouldn't reset then the unit failed completely and needed replacing. After 2 weeks of phone calls I was informed they didn't know when they would have someone available to change it so a couple of emails later I had a phone call out of the blue from the new BG contractor informing me they'd be coming the following day. They did and changed the unit. Since then the unit comms failed again and I had to power the unit down to get it to reset the comms. I live in hope that things will improve with this new contractor taking over the work up here as I've got 2.5 years left on the warranty.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts