Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Had an 16a J1772 fitted about 2 years ago at my old flat.

I have just moved so contacted British gas a few weeks ago to see how we go about moving our home charger. They have stated that the existing unit must remain where it is and that a new unit must be installed - Seems a bit silly as the new occupant at the flat will likely have little use for it.

Ended up having to purchase a new unit and installation at £250 (32A with type2 socket). It's still good for what it is but a bit more than I was expecting to pay.

Any others that have had similar experiences? I can't help but think that British Gas' attitude is just a means of making a new sale and getting another unit of funding from OLEV.....

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Did they say what would happen if the new owner didn't want it and had it uninstalled? After all... they didn't agree to the 3 years.

We are in a similar position.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did they say what would happen if the new owner didn't want it and had it uninstalled? After all... they didn't agree to the 3 years.

We are in a similar position.
I didn't ask - quite frankly it's not my problem!

3 years????? What's that about?

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just spoke to rolec.... they wont supply a home charger for a converted vehicle.....

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I assume so.

British gas have always been good to me so going to follow the path of least resistance!

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Just spoke to rolec.... they wont supply a home charger for a converted vehicle.....
From the Rolec link:

The basic eligibility criteria are that the customer should own or have ordered a plug-in vehicle - or lease/drive a company EV for more than 6 months.

Its a plug in and company vehicle too right?

Great support for home grown EV tech:rolleyes:, another own goal from UK PLC?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts