Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Kona64
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought Nissan offered a bung for a home install of.a charge point, but I cannot see on their website nor in the physical printed brochure.

Do they no longer do this ?
I need to start budgeting for a home proper point, luckily I think my consumer unit has a spare sector, plus is about 2metres along the same wall as where I would like the charge point mounted - so it should (fingers crossed) be straightforward.
If I go it alone I think basic 7kw 32amp tethers are £199ish, but was wondering if Nissan do an offer when getting a car from them ?

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
There is a government grant but it doesn't cover the whole cost in most cases. With installation you are probably looking at a couple of hundred quid after the grant. Also with the grant you have to have a smart charger. Some people like dumb chargers better (more reliable), some people like the smart ones.

·
Registered
Kona64
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Rei. I was probably thinking the 199 was the dumb ones, the smart ones after grant look £250+.

I did see this on the Renault site so was wondering if Nissan had the same, or they would push one particular supplier without offering pennies to offset the £250 I'd have to pay.

Free Home wallbox
Renault has chosen BP Chargemaster as our preferred partner, through which we are able to take advantage of a government grant of up to 75% support. We offer our retail customers a FREE^ 7kW Homecharger, fully installed and able to charge a ZOE with Z.E. 50 battery from flat-to-full in 9-10 hours.

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq 38kW EV
109 Posts
I think you will find that the offer is at a dealer level. On occasion Nissan UK have offered a discounted or free charger, but I think that this is no longer the case.

Each dealer is able to offer their own local deals.

·
Registered
Kona64
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thankyou

1 - 5 of 5 Posts