Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

You come across a broken charge point, do you

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,440 Posts
I call up the operator and let them know. Only really used CYC so far with the odd Chargemaster/Polar at Asda. I did report the one at Sainsbury's in Longstone Road, Edinburgh to customer services desk because I don't have Pod Points number.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Reporting broken points could turn into a lot of work; there seem to be a lot of broken points in the Midlands. I have visited six broken points in the past four days, on two trips, but only found only four working during the same trips = 60% not working.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
If it is Ecotricity then I always report it because I know they will get to repair it. If it is anyone else I don't bother as there is little chance of it getting repaired IMO.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I do always report it but mainly to find out if they have the means to do a re-boot and learn something from their attitude.

On only one occasion out of more than a dozen failures a reboot solved the problem with the help of the C.M. post engineer giving instruction for me to follow at the post and the RFID card white list was successfully updated to use my valid card, previous described as invalid. It took over 20 minutes!

With that hit rate it is pretty much a lost cause for the purpose of getting a charge from a "fast" ie slow post but it very often helps to contact Ecotricity as they can sometimes do things like starting a charge remotely with imediate effect if your card isn't being recognised or directing you to a save.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I always report it - by email or Twitter - if it's defective, to help keep as many posts online as possible. Chargemaster don't seem to do any proactive monitoring of their posts - they're always surprised when I call to tell them that one's off/red.

Sometimes the posts are physically damaged - vandalised, or driven into. If they look dangerous then I'll report them by phone to the charge point operator, and also to the site owner / local council if there's a clear risk of electrocution (from wandering hands, etc).

·
Registered
42 Posts
I second ikea wednesbury that been down for a while there a big gap if coming from M5 as frankley services north is also down too

1 - 9 of 9 Posts