Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Zoe Devotee
7,936 Posts
While I've taken my Zoe off the sales market for now, seeing as I don't "need" to sell until next spring. If the right offer comes along I'll sell my Zoe. Its got a heater that never fails to work, only downtime was the great failed software update of 2016 that killed many TCUs and heaters. First sensible offer over £6k secures! ;)

·
Registered
123 Posts
They told me today they still don't know what it is, but are looking to see if a stone has broken something (unlikely) and also whether its the compressor clutch, whatever that is, but hopefully all under warranty, which expires on Friday (now extended)

·
Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
4,266 Posts
That will be as fun as having the apprentice change the fuel filter. An ICE AC compressor has an electrically engaged clutch to couple it to the belt or not. In the ZOE, the compressor is a sealed can with the motor and compressor all inside and just pipes and wires coming out. No leaking O-seals, yippee. If it weren't so shockingly ignorant it would be really, really funny!

·
Registered
123 Posts
I thought it wouldn’t have a clutch as from what I can see the compressor is just that a sealed unit. Maybe when they wake up they will realise they just need to replace that can

21 - 26 of 26 Posts