Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed today this on my Golf GTE - broken paint on the front bumper. One area is under the charging port, the other is to the side. Has anyone else noticed this? Is this probably my fault (might have bumped a few times when trying to park the car really close to the wall)? Or bad paint job?
Thanks!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Just my opinion, but since there's no damage to the badge I would guess that issue was probably the repeated pressure applied when closing the port cover (badge). If the door is a little stiff then regular increased pressure when closing might cause it. The one to the side does look like a bump/pressure damage. Has the bumper been resprayed? Mine's two years old and it looks fine with regular daily charging. Yours is the earlier MK7 model, so maybe the age has played a part, but I've not seen any reports on here about it?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought about the repeated pressure also.... That would constitue a desing flaw in my opinion?

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
No such damage on my Mk7, 5 years old in September. Before lockdown charging port got 3-4 uses per day.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,666 Posts
I'm not sure but I have to say this looks like a bad paint job...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts