Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have 4 Brusa NLG513 chargers in good but used condition, taken from a prototype vehicle. cables included.

these are black in colour, unsure why!? perhaps an older model or special request?

Available individually

Asking £750 each.

Happy to deliver in UK or ship overseas. Collection from Upton on Severn, Worcestershire is fine. Viewings welcome.

Cheers,

Mike

·
Super Moderator
7,460 Posts
Very tempting, I already have the LeafDD to control it and a 32A charge station at home.....!

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
I have a lot of experience of these excellent chargers and can assist anyone who may wish to use them.
They parallel happily and are fully configurable to virtually all cell types, controlled as stand alone or by CAN comms.
BTW, black just means it is an earlier model probably from around 2008 but the spec didn't change.
Also, factory support is excellent as well.
New price then was over £2000 when I purchased my first one.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Hi Kevin, long time no see :).
I am paralleling two in my Vortex but haven't yet although they are fitted in the car. Another one of those jobs to be done.
Have chatted to Brusa many a time about various subjects and started using them in 2008.
Brusa recommend you don't have the same charge profile in both as they can hunt a bit but to set one with a CC profile only and let the other finish the CV as it is low current anyway.
To me this also allows for some redundancy as my main one is CAN bus controlled from the BMS and having the other on a CC profile only would charge the cells if either the main charger or BMS bugs out so I am not left stranded.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Jan,

Afraid not although the used on in my RX8 can be made available at the right price - quite fancy putting an NG6 in instead!

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Really! not seen that price.

in all honesty I would want more for it so best go straight to brusa.

Be aware that that will be plus VAT and the cables are normally about 100EUR each. I have some cables if you want to avoid that :)

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Hi Mike,
What is that right price? They are on sale direct from Brusa for aprox. 1050 euro, including cables.
Brusa Emailed me a year or so ago to tell me they had ceased production of the 3.3kW version, were selling the stock off and the price was less than half what they charged me in 2008.

I have noticed they are still on their web site so somebody has realised that they do fill a market need at the right price. although I paid more for units from the Azure Dynamics sale. :mad:

They are a nice design but I wish they had updated the programming software and find the error light being illuminated after charging when controlled by CAN very annoying.

Reactions: Mike Schooling
1 - 11 of 11 Posts