Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Grr, the lease I ordered in June for a 60 Suite with no toys was originally estimated for 16 weeks, and yesterday that turned into 30 weeks. Something about semiconductor shortages.

Anyone else finding their order slipping?

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Mine was scheduled for a week 29 build, which changed to week 30. Last update yesterday (given its now week 31) was "err, yea it still says week 30 but theres no updates, so we dont actually know"

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hard to say, maybe yours beat the big semiconductor shortage if it's in "final assembly". When did you order? I ordered on 22 June so I suppose January 2022 shouldn't really be a huge surprise, even though the estimate was Oct/Nov 2021.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just put on the main thread, ordered mine with the fleet manager at work on 25th May & it arrived at the supplying dealer 6th August, guess I got lucky maybe?

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4+ 2021
4 Posts
I’ve just had a call from the lease company letting me know that due to the chip shortages the build date has now slipped. As such the car will now be part of the 2022 build year which means the spec as ordered has changed.

Nav is now an optional extra and there has been a list price increase, so overall it is going to be an extra £40 a month over what had been agreed back in mid July.

Anyone know what else is changing between a 2021 and 2022 model?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Skoda Enyaq Sportline 80 (soon...)
183 Posts
I’ve just had a call from the lease company letting me know that due to the chip shortages the build date has now slipped. As such the car will now be part of the 2022 build year which means the spec as ordered has changed.

Nav is now an optional extra and there has been a list price increase, so overall it is going to be an extra £40 a month over what had been agreed back in mid July.

Anyone know what else is changing between a 2021 and 2022 model?

Surely the price is set at the time of order? Makes no difference when they decide to build it, you entered into a contract for them to supply a vehicle of a certain spec for a certain price. If they decide to go and change that then its their choice and loss? I'm probably being naive but I have the feeling the same will be coming to me as we dont have a build date yet and as such it will be a MY22 build as the factory is currently shut down to retool for MY22 production. I'll be so angry if they try to come back and tell me the price has increased because they couldn't get it into the MY21 build.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4+ 2021
4 Posts
I think the issue was that at the time of order it was already the previous ‘model’ as it was still listed as the Nav which is no longer in the name for the 60 in the latest brochure.
So when they went to put it in the system it must have been rejected, they were just slow to let me know. That would also explain why the price went up if it was still using the old model info in their system.

I can’t understand what the agent meant by the nav system as I’ve checked and it still lists sat nav in the base spec on the Skoda site. The only change is that now the infotainment plus pack is now listed as without nav (hud only).

There is a clause in the T&C that states that the price could change or something to that effect so I guess that is their get out clause in case of changes like this

·
Registered
429 Posts
So is the nav really no longer standard across the entire range? I thought it was an integral part of the infotainment, though I wouldn't put it past Skoda to find a way of crippling it so they could add it to the already massive list of optional extras.

·
Registered
Skoda Enyaq Sportline 80 (soon...)
183 Posts
So is the nav really no longer standard across the entire range? I thought it was an integral part of the infotainment, though I wouldn't put it past Skoda to find a way of crippling it so they could add it to the already massive list of optional extras.
I've heard for model year 22 that is the case. I think the unit will be the same regardless, just you have to pay extra for the navigation feature (and subscription it brings with it for something like 3 years online updates - maps, etc, I guess). Like most things in modern cars, the hardware will be there, you just have to pay to turn on the software side.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The leasing company have explained to me that "...shortly after we placed your order, Skoda adjusted the Enyac [sic] specs slightly for new orders, which became the 2022 Model Year. This has not affected your order, and Skoda made us aware of any orders that needed to be amended. Because you ordered the ‘Suite Nav’, this is the build that has been assigned to your order, and it is only new orders that now have to be placed as the 2022 Model with the slight option changes. It is worth mentioning that the new model, the ‘Suite’ does still include Sat Nav as standard, but we don’t need to worry too much about the trim changes as your order was placed and confirmed as a Suite Nav."

Makes about as much sense as the configurator, but I suppose at least it's not bad news.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm not really sure. Configuring a Loft without any options this morning includes navigation under standard equipment, so that's confusing. If anyone does make sense of this...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Grr, the lease I ordered in June for a 60 Suite with no toys was originally estimated for 16 weeks, and yesterday that turned into 30 weeks. Something about semiconductor shortages.

Anyone else finding their order slipping?
Put an order in for a lease through work 5 weeks ago and no updates at all yet 🙄. Both my Skoda dealer and the lease company quoted "12-16weeks." I didn't really believe this but hoped for 16weeks (end of Nov). I was told it could take 'up to" 4weeks to get my estimated date so not looking good. They haven't responded to my email query so will chase by phone next week. Expecting it to be next year now though ☹

·
Registered
4 Posts
I put an order in for a company lease Enyaq 60 Loft in mid-May. The original delivery date was end of Aug. A month before delivery, this got moved back to end of October and then a few weeks later got moved back to early November. Frustrating. I can;t believe there are 2 months worth of cars sitting there unfinished...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts