Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was watching a video from 1968 , the ABC in usa , the guy had built a electric car , looked like ford

he had 13 batteries two in front and 11 in boot with built in battery charger does anyone think this is a good idea

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what do you think is next step in increasing the number off miles that electric cars can travel

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no i think the only way forward is much more , 1910 there was one person who travelled 500 miles , but never released how , the video 1968 the car only covered 40 miles but the designer was looking for a change in battery design , to get petrol cars off the road , problem is that any electric car needs to complete a higher mileage before the people will change to all electric , it really doen,t matter what the government target is , we need a big step forward to met it and soon

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if you listened to what he said , 50 years earlier electric cars were ahead off petrol , another interesting point is the early electric car had no batteries ???

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
listen again and this is point less the fact is no electric car will take over completely , unless they can travel more than 600 mile and at a speed of 60 mile per hour , the younger men want high speed cars , but i believe that within the next five years we going to have a self charging electric car , after it happens the government will need to tax roads to cover road repairs ,

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
listen again and this is point less the fact is no electric car will take over completely , unless they can travel more than 600 mile and at a speed of 60 mile per hour , the younger men want high speed cars , but i believe that within the next five years we going to have a self charging electric car , after it happens the government will need to tax roads to cover road repairs ,
You must work for Toyota, or BP?

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,232 Posts
You might want to look at this thread:

Reactions: ThierryZE50

·
Registered
MG ZS EV
29 Posts
Well, some decades ago trolley busses was a thing (and still is someplace) and those wires carry electricity.....
And then you got the other electric highway they are testing

Personally I'd go for the second one

1 - 16 of 16 Posts