Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Kona PremSe64k 2020+bluelink +ohme
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, my new kona hasn't had any upgrades as yet, but I needed to find my nearest boots stores because the one I went to didn't have what I needed. Instead of centring results on my location the stupid thing thought I was in London! Only 40-50 miles out!

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Kona Premium SE 64kWh, Ceramic Blue
75 Posts
My favourite faux pa's was asking the satnav (verbally) for Morrisons and being taken to a private residence in a street full of houses. Was it the home of Mr & Mrs Morrisons, I have no idea, to be fair it did give me a choice of 15 different Morrisons and I chose that one, but I can't say I actually know the address of the shop I wanted a mile or so away.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yeah, I always check the location of the overview. That being said it's a passion in the butt because there is no overview button. So you have to zoom out about 10 times to be able to get there.
The new update is supposed to switch to overview automatically when you're not moving for 15 seconds.

·
Registered
Kona 64
550 Posts
Okay, my new kona hasn't had any upgrades as yet, but I needed to find my nearest boots stores because the one I went to didn't have what I needed. Instead of centring results on my location the stupid thing thought I was in London! Only 40-50 miles out!
Am I surprised, no. If you know where you want to go its fine, but let it offer suggestions no. This is the sat nav which would take you through an unfordable ford.

·
Registered
Kona PremSe64k 2020+bluelink +ohme
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The stupid thing is the hyundai app works perfectly for navigation. You can search and find places just as you would inside, say Google Maps, and then send your choice to the car. I ended up doing that (before lockdown) when going to Swindon, and as I say it worked a dream. Well almost.

As I approached the destination the stupid satnav took me down some backroads. But that's because the satnav, as yet, hasn't got the latest updates and so knew nothing about the relatively newly built shopping complex and the new access roads.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts