Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cheap, renewable and great customer service - I can highly recommend switching!

If you’d like to try Bulb Energy – you can get £50 credit when you sign up with my Bulb Energy Referal Link.
(just replace the spaces with dots)

www bulb co uk/refer/joannaayre

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here is my Bulb Energy Review + Bulb £50 Credit Referral Link.

Important information If you are thinking to join Bulb.

I switched to Bulb a few months ago, as I had not heard of them before, I visited various websites such as trustpilot, Money Saving Expert ect.. before switching. According to customer reviews and online articles, Bulb energy seemed to be great in many ways, so I thought to give it a go and so far it's been really great. Here's why:

Bulb energy tariff
In my personal experience bulb single tariff worked out much cheaper than with my previous energy supplier. I was already on a good deal with EDF, but bulb's pricing looked to save me around £250 for the year. Apparently bulb invest a lot in technology, which has allowed them to operate at a cheaper level and they have passed the savings on to the customers.

Bulb Website & App
The online interface is really clean and intuitive. They make it very easy to add meter readings, view bills and usage reports, see past communications and check tariff details. The Bulb mobile app is really good and has made adding meter readings (you can just take a picture of your meter ), view your account balance and statements, and even share your referral link using your mobile phone so easy!

Renewable Energy
I have to admit, green energy was not the top of my list when making this decision, but I am really happy that the right decision for me is also the right decision for the environment!
The 100% renewable electricity comes from sources including hydro, wind and solar generated in the UK. The 10% renewable gas is generated by taking slurry from piggeries in Oxfordshire and then anaerobically digesting it to make bio-methane gas.
According to Bulb website, "Every year, the typical home with Bulb saves 1.3 tonnes of CO2 from entering the atmosphere". That's the equivalent as planting 655 trees!

Customer Service & Support
Their customer service is excellent and their customer satisfaction levels are far higher than any other of my previous energy providers. The Bulb Community is an online community which offers great support. Members can have an input in how the company is run and share any sort of information, which could be useful to other members.

If interested in joining Bulb, use can use my below Bulb referral link to get £50 off your first bill when you sign up.
Refer your friends after that, and they'll get £50 Bulb credit and so will you.

Bulb - Get a quote

Hope that helps

Sergio

·
Registered
849 Posts
Bulb Website & App
The online interface is really clean and intuitive. They make it very easy to add meter readings, view bills and usage reports, see past communications and check tariff details. The Bulb mobile app is really good and has made adding meter readings (you can just take a picture of your meter ), view your account balance and statements, and even share your referral link using your mobile phone so easy!
Agree with your comments apart from the app. I was a few days late responding to their meter reading reminder and they had already estimated the usage. This meant that it would not accept my reading. I contacted them and said it was a bug and would rectify.

Happened the next month. This time much more curt and blaming me saying nothing wrong with the app. However can easily be done via their web site.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Jumping on the bandwagon - have been very impressed with their customer service so far after 6 months.

If anyone wishes to use my referral link, I’ll donate £25 to the Stroke Association for every referral Bulb - Get a quote

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have added more information on Bulb, how the switch works and more reviews on this site, have a look: energyreferral.com

·
Registered
3 Posts
I rang bulb last week and the customer service was amazing. The lady I spoke to couldn't have been more helpful and friendly, and it's this service that will get them happy customers. This is why they don't need to tie you into a contract.

The reasonable pricing and £50 referral bonus may be what initially makes them look an attractive company but it's the customer service that will keep us as customers.

They will also pay your exit fees if you are tied into a contract with your existing company.

If you are looking for a quote or to join bulb then please feel free to use my link but please be assured this is not why I am singing their praises. I genuinely believe they are a great company.

To get £50 Off Your First Bulb Bill use this link

bulb.co.uk/refer/sergio5203

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the referral links, I made the switch and, so far, I'm really glad I did!

Here is mine:
bulb.co.uk/refer/yaellec7962

For every referral I get, I'll donate half to cool earth (https://www.coolearth.org/) for their fight against climate change.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been with bulb for a year now and they have been the best so far. I recently received an email from them saying they have credited £10 to my account because I had waited on the phone for 11 minutes to speak to someone 3 weeks earlier. This is how companies should behave, I thought. They will pay any exit fees when you leave your old supplier. They have consistently been the cheapest for me for the last year. You get monthly email reminders about your direct debit due. If your account is in credit by more than your monthly direct debit you can request a refund. They offer the warm home discount. They are a renewable energy supplier. They also operate a referral system where you and the one refer can get £50 each added to your account when you sign up. Because I've been with them a year if you sign up using the following link by 16th Jan 2019 they will credit your account with £100. That's by Wednesday midnight. Tonight.
bulb.co.uk/refer/andrew5318

·
Registered
506 Posts
Unfortunately they're not doing so well:

Bulb reports meteoric rise in members, revenues, but loss widens ten-fold

Following Spark's recent closure, there really seems to be a squeeze in smaller energy suppliers. I'm currently with Bulb, but now looking to switch away. Probably to Octopus to take advantage of their Go tariff.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
EVEZY code -£50 off: d409e
1,416 Posts
Unfortunately they're not doing so well:

Bulb reports meteoric rise in members, revenues, but loss widens ten-fold

Following Spark's recent closure, there really seems to be a squeeze in smaller energy suppliers. I'm currently with Bulb, but now looking to switch away. Probably to Octopus to take advantage of their Go tariff.

They've address this here.
Long term viability of the company

I think losses are acceptable when growing from 200k to ~900k customers.

If you do switch, there's a referall link below if you don't have one. GO is cheaper for me than Bulb was.

·
Registered
506 Posts
They've address this here.
Long term viability of the company

I think losses are acceptable when growing from 200k to ~900k customers.

If you do switch, there's a referall link below if you don't have one. GO is cheaper for me than Bulb was.
I think in terms of cost for me it will be like for like (as I am at home a far bit during the day and can trickle charge from solar PV) but Octopus are also currently offering a Zappi install for £349. I have emailed them to ask some questions, but am yet to receive a reply. If I get no response from them, I guess I'll stay where I am!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts