Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,290 Posts
We’re having solar fitted at the moment. I contacted Octopus about SEG as their site says you can’t be on Outgoing Octopus and GO, which is our incoming tariff. They replied to say they would give me 3p per unit exported and I could stay on GO.

Shame about Bulb, I was hoping to sing up with them at 5.38p and stick with Octopus GO.

· Registered
1,290 Posts
All seems odd, the only reference to 3p is for none Octopus customers

Looking to keep your existing supplier and just switch your export to Octopus? No problem – export only customers can earn 3p/kWh for every unit they export. Email [email protected] to find out more.

But if you are an Octopus customer

If you’re already a customer of ours, with a supported smart meter, just get in touch to move to Outgoing Octopus. We’ll take care of the rest, without any change to your meter or your home wiring.

All in here under different questions.

Also having solar fitted and expect to get Fixed Outgoing at 5.5p.
This is why they won't allow you to be on GO and Outgoing at 5.5p...

· Registered
1,290 Posts
Well, in that they're paying you more for your export than you would for the import, yes. With a battery, you might end up only importing during the low price and only export, so you'd be a costly customer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.