Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

· EVEZY code -£50 off: d409e
2,913 Posts
Shows Agile prices for all regions, does any site show the prices for Outgoing Agile?

I can see the calculation but not actual pricing, is the price for the next 24 hours shown anywhere?

Diff regions available in the menu

· Registered
1,288 Posts
Well, in that they're paying you more for your export than you would for the import, yes. With a battery, you might end up only importing during the low price and only export, so you'd be a costly customer.

· Registered
Kia Niro EV '4' 2022
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I guess that's the issue - people with battery storage. But no reason why they couldn't cap the export tariff at the minimum price you pay for import so you can never make "free money" by creative use of the battery usage timings.

· Super Moderator
8,768 Posts
I guess that's the issue - people with battery storage. But no reason why they couldn't cap the export tariff at the minimum price you pay for import so you can never make "free money" by creative use of the battery usage timings.
That’s a bit schizophrenic - the price signals tell me they want me to export whatever possible when the grid is under pressure - that’s the whole point! I wouldn’t be incentivised to do that if that capped export at 35p, that’s then not worth me changing my battery schedule, but £1/kWh is.

· Registered
1,282 Posts
In exactly the same boat, just got the mail this evening.

My first port of call has been to fire an email off to Octopus’ SEG department to make sure it is still the case you can’t be on Outgoing and Go Faster. It’s been over a year since I last queried it with them, although their website does still show this. Might be out of date, worth a shot.

OVO are doing 4p.

EON’s 5.5p rate is reserved for solar customers of theirs. Otherwise 3p.

We have a SMETS 1 smart meter, and EON, OVO and Octopus all stay smart when switching. Going elsewhere would mean getting a SMETS 2 meter.

Sadly, I can’t see a solution to losing out here. Bulb don’t seem to do an EV tariff to switch to to get their higher SEG rate.

I don’t think Agile and Outgoing would work for us as with kids we can’t really avoid the peak for cooking tea and have an electric oven and induction hob.

I am feeling “narked” to be polite that they are putting up payments for Bulb supply customers, and dropping them for others.
As an update on this. Octopus finally got back to me. They won’t even offer the 3p reduced rate while on Go Faster, let alone the usual 5.5p rate.

Did a bit more digging and I found So Energy might have a rate of 5p, bettering the next best option of OVO at 4p. Have emailed them as their website doesn’t make it clear what the rate is currently. If it is still 5p will come back and confirm again. They will take switchers who don’t have their supply with them so fingers crossed.....

· Registered
Kia Niro EV '4' 2022
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
As an update on this. Octopus finally got back to me. They won’t even offer the 3p reduced rate while on Go Faster, let alone the usual 5.5p rate.

Did a bit more digging and I found So Energy might have a rate of 5p, bettering the next best option of OVO at 4p. Have emailed them as their website doesn’t make it clear what the rate is currently. If it is still 5p will come back and confirm again. They will take switchers who don’t have their supply with them so fingers crossed.....
Brilliant - thanks James.

· Registered
1,282 Posts
I have some good news. So Energy got back to me after I contacted them on Facebook messenger yesterday. Their rate is 5p and will be a fixed 12 month rate 👍 This beats OVO’s 4p, and Bulbs reduced 3p rate. Seems this is the best bet to sit alongside Octopus Go, so I’ll be putting in my switch appn from Bulb later.

· Registered
Kia Niro EV '4' 2022
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I have some good news. So Energy got back to me after I contacted them on Facebook messenger yesterday. Their rate is 5p and will be a fixed 12 month rate 👍 This beats OVO’s 4p, and Bulbs reduced 3p rate. Seems this is the best bet to sit alongside Octopus Go, so I’ll be putting in my switch appn from Bulb later.
Super. I'll be doing the same. Thanks again James.

· Registered
1,282 Posts
Put the switch in at lunchtime, quick process but you need to know your export MPAN. I managed to find this on the last Bulb pay out email. I had no record of that as Bulb set it up, and it is different to the regular MPAN for consumption. Had to also include photos of the MSC cert, receipt from installer as proof we owned the system and DNO approval as we are 6.2kW.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.