Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Members.

I'm glad to introduce myself as an EV enthusiast and a keen Automobile engineer by trade.
I'm a recent grad from school. Over my days in collage i was successfully able to retrofit my dad's Mitshubushi Lancer with a decent range of 80miles.

I'm looking forward to explore the opportunity of selling conversion kits online. Regarding which i have the following doubts:
1. How big is the Diy community out there?
2. What will be the legal complications from the importing end to the customer.
3. What will be best countries to begin with and focus on marketing.
4. Since delivering customized kits will be very challenging, Standardizing the kits will be the only way forward. In the case of which , what dimensions of battery packs do we consider? Or for what cars do we build?
5. How about the sale of kits on the basis of voltage /vehicle type/ or weight of the vehicle?
6.What all tech details do we help the buyer with?
7. Will partnering with a local conversion center improve the business viablity.

We have established a rocksolid supplychain and can deliver the kits at much affordable price. The countries we are looking for are: Canada, Usa, Australia, Uk, South Africa, Egypt etc..!!

Warm regards and thanks in advance!
William

·
Zoe Devotee
9,296 Posts

·
Registered
Leaf 30kWh, Outlander PHEV
2,437 Posts
There's another dedicated forum called DIY electric cars. That has your target audience. Personally I'm keen to do a conversion however I have zero ideas on how I'd build the battery base before doing anything else

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Zoe Devotee
9,296 Posts
There's another dedicated forum called DIY electric cars. That has your target audience. Personally I'm keen to do a conversion however I have zero ideas on how I'd build the battery base before doing anything else

I think everyone is interested until they price up a motor and batteries. Price is off putting without looking into wiring, controllers, chargers etc.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I think everyone is interested until they price up a motor and batteries. Price is off putting without looking into wiring, controllers, chargers etc.
That's why I never converted by Cagiva Mito 10 years ago. At that time I had no knowledge of Li-ion batteries.

·
Registered
11 Posts

This Guy sent me the description of his products, I think it might actually work. They have patented Battery pack designs and are providing custom solutions.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I wouldn't mind getting info on kits

·
Registered
923 Posts
I'm afraid I smell a rodent here. We had a thread started yesterday that seemed to be ruse to attract traffic to an Indian "standard EV conversion kit" supplier. We now have another thread that seems to be very much the same, with the person that started yesterday's thread declaring that he's already had a description of the products from the thread starter sent to him.

·
Registered
428 Posts
IIRC Rich rebuilds on YouTube spec'd and priced a basic ice to EV conversation at about $30k for parts then the labour costs on top of that...

Sent using Tapatalk (I'm on my phone so sorry for any auto correct screwups)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Was it Art School you studied Automotive applications?
And at what school did you study the use of words?

I found this forum via a web search, massively disappointed that this is the first response I find from a forum member.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,296 Posts
My guess is that you're indeed at Art School and didn't major in English at School?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts