Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it's neat to use Siri to start Spotify and call people when driving.
Sadly the voice command button on the left side of the steering wheel is not integrated with Siri.
What's the easiest way to start Siri that you know of?

·
Registered
515 Posts
The last few cars I’ve had with Carplay would use the in-car voice control if you did a brief press of the steering wheel button, and would use Siri if you did a long hold on the steering wheel button (provided Carplay was connected/active). Not sure if the e-Niro is the same as I don’t pick mine up until this Friday.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Siri works with a long press of the voice button... only when the phone is plugged in using apple carplay though.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4 MY20
950 Posts
Can confirm. I too had been pressing it briefly and getting the in car voice assistant. Hold it and you get Siri.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The last few cars I’ve had with Carplay would use the in-car voice control if you did a brief press of the steering wheel button, and would use Siri if you did a long hold on the steering wheel button (provided Carplay was connected/active). Not sure if the e-Niro is the same as I don’t pick mine up until this Friday.
Thanks, that solved it!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For future readers, I checked the iPhone settings, and it seems that the long press on the voice command button is indeed universal, as has been noted in previous posts.

Translated to English or says basically that if your car supports CarPlay, keep voice command button pressed to configure CaraPlay.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts