Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Only if the 6.6kW charger was specified on the original order (IIRC).
Hopefully going to view a 2016 30kWh 6.6 charger in the next couple of weeks.. what charge cables 'should' it come with? I assumed a type 1 -> type 2 cable and the 3 pin granny cable?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi M4rcus

I purchased a 2016 66 plate 30kw Leaf Tekna with 10k miles from Colin Applegate Nissan dealer in Keighley last week. Have posted elsewhere about it but in summary:

Agreed purchase price of £13k

Minus £400 deposit contribution and 2 free services for taking finance (some other stuff as well about breakdown cover but i wasn't really paying attention to that). You have to make the 1st months finance payment to retain the services if you are intending to pay off the finance straight away (check the paperwork yourself though).

You should get the 3 pin charger in a nice bespoke bag (make sure you do as they are expensive). It should also come with a type 2 to type 1 charging cable. Mine came with a bonus, still in the bag, type 2 to 1 as the previous owner had bought a spare.

I purchased original premium leaf car mats for £37 online as they didn't have any in stock at the dealer - remember its a 3 year out of production car now. Ive since purchase an original leaf rubber boot liner to keep the boot ship shape (£70).

I got a great deal (IMO) as there had been a mis-price so we agreed a happy place on price. I phoned all comparable dealer cars to see if i could get them down from 14k (and avoid a 250 mile trip) and no one was budging at that point (2 weeks ago). Earlier poster is correct though that its getting closer to end of month and more cars will be available with the pending reg plate change as they come off PCP. I checked the Nissan UK website for new stock daily as i was happy to travel for the right car.

I was desperate to get a 7kw charger but in the end settled for 3.3 (you massively limit your choice if you want 7kw charger) - i have a similar use profile to you and the leaf was a second car (new diesel Kuga as main family car) for my local commuting / work miles. I get 2 -3 days use between charges atm. I drove it back 250 miles from Yorkshire as my baptism of fire and it was fine - just a little planning via zap map and 3 rapid charges which took about 40 mins to full charge (whilst having pub dinner at one charge point and 1/2 pint at another). 3 stops was primarily due to it being my 1st journey and not having ever fast charged so i left miles in the tank at each stop.

I wouldn't choose to use it over the Kuga for long journeys over 100 miles (but would feel ok about it if i had to) but then thats not what i bought it for.

I don't think you'll get anywhere near the £1000 deposit contributions for finance or trade ins being mentioned earlier - that was 2017 and its a very different market (prices firmed as people switched on to EV and at the right time 2nd hand leafs were depreciation free !!).

Get leaf spy and check cars if the dealer will let you before hand - I walked away from another car whose SOC wasn't as good as id have expected even though it had 12 bars.

Almost 1 week and 350 miles into ownership I'm very happy with my purchase.

Happy to answer any other Q you might have & good luck with your search (y)

Emilian

If you look into changing your energy supplier to Octopus Go (4 hrs off peak charging at 5p/kwh) after purchasing your leaf then use of referral code share.octopus.energy/mauve-goat-201 will get us both £50 credit :)
What SOH did the 12 bar car that you walked away from have, and what was yours when you bought it?

·
Registered
54 Posts
That’s low!!! Have you tried the online Nissan quote for trade in’s?
Just tried that.... £239!! It's down to the mileage it's 164k but it's had new Turbo, Cambelt, Clutch and Flywheel at 130k. It's the sports pack edition with 18" ST Alloys and Panoramic roof in really nice condition, think I can get a grand for it private.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Hopefully going to view a 2016 30kWh 6.6 charger in the next couple of weeks.. what charge cables 'should' it come with? I assumed a type 1 -> type 2 cable and the 3 pin granny cable?
Granny in a proper Nissan bag. Plus the type 1 cable.

Mine has both (and is for sale ;))

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I've not bought one yet, but it was down to 11 bars. I've not gone to look at it personally as it's quite a drive so I was holding out for a 12 bar one.... or maybe... a Soul! (just been looking into those too)

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
151 Posts
I looked at the Soul, all I kept thinking about was that family guy episode “oh dear, it’s a Kia“ LOL!!!

Ming you if I could have afforded a couple of grand more I may have!

·
Registered
48 Posts
What SOH did the 12 bar car that you walked away from have, and what was yours when you bought it?
The one i passed on was a 66 plate 24kw 88% SOH with under 10k miles. This was however coupled with 'a bit of a ding on the wing' actually being a dent that ran into the door which no longer lined up properly and creaked on closure !!! They really should have fixed the damage, which was nothing major, before advertising it.

I got 94.something% on the 66 plate 30kw i did end up buying with 10k on the clock.

Having originally been on the lookout for a 6.6 charger they are few and far between due to being an expensive optional extra when speccing the car from new. I decided it was a bonus but not essential in the end for my usage and charging pattern. Whilst it would have been cheaper to charge fully in octopus go's 4hrs at 5p this actually only worked out to save me less than £100 per year compared to charging with a 3.3 through the same 4 hours and then beyond.

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
151 Posts
30kWh Acenta, red, 11/12 bars (Can't get my dongle to work so no leaf spy data), and I'm changing for a Tesla model 3 - the missus gave me the green light this evening ?
Love this! If it’s anything like my partner I can pretty much have what I want as long as I agree to clear some clutter out of :

1) The garage
2) The loft
3) Agree to pick my clothes up, vacuum now and then and put the rubbish out

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Love this! If it’s anything like my partner I can pretty much have what I want as long as I agree to clear some clutter out of :

1) The garage
2) The loft
3) Agree to pick my clothes up, vacuum now and then and put the rubbish out
I had to agree to tidy several rooms, redecorate the lounge, and save up a 10k deposit.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts