Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m interested in buying a ZE50, no more than 6 months old so likely a pre-reg or a dealer demonstrator. Car will be kept long term.

I haven’t bought Renault before and I’m already concerned looking through this forum and reading about leaking door seals and poor welding. Have Renault some build quality issues just now?

Fair enough things can go wrong later on but on something new this rings alarm bells!

Thanks for any brand experience or comments you can provide with this.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
My wife bought a new Zoe in March and it's just about perfect. Absolutely no issues at all and the build quality is very good indeed. I think you always hear about the small number of cars of all makes that have problems on forums, but rarely hear from the vast majority of customers that are completely happy with their cars, so places like this can tend to give a slightly unbalanced view.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
20,987 Posts
We've had ours since February last year. Can't really complain.

It's actually much better built than the previous Zoes we've had.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
3,184 Posts
I’m interested in buying a ZE50, no more than 6 months old so likely a pre-reg or a dealer demonstrator. Car will be kept long term.

I haven’t bought Renault before and I’m already concerned looking through this forum and reading about leaking door seals and poor welding. Have Renault some build quality issues just now?

Fair enough things can go wrong later on but on something new this rings alarm bells!

Thanks for any brand experience or comments you can provide with this.
Reminder - Most of us who had these problems got early cars. These are teething problems that have been solved in newer built cars.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Reminder - Most of us who had these problems got early cars. These are teething problems that have been solved in newer built cars.
I agree.. even some of the parts are different. I had a instrument cluster failure.. the replacement part was different from the one the car came with. I had a card from Renault when I ordered mine thanking me for being one of the first 100 orders. The dealer's demo had never even heard of the instrument clusters failing and are more than happy with their demo as a daily driver. Also newer cars will have a radar fitted which allows for Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB) that for the first few months they couldn't include in ZE50s (rumoured integration issues).

With the right dealer the warranty is amazing and you won't have to worry about spending a single penny (other currencies are available) short of just fuelling and insuring it no matter what happens.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
My ZE40 has passed its 4th birthday and really don't have any complaints...mind you it hasn't done many miles. Only 5,500 over 2 years from the first owner, and since I've only done 6,000....

As others, I've extended the car warranty and still have 4yrs more on the battery, so got peace of mind if anything were to go wrong.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My ZE40 has passed its 4th birthday and really don't have any complaints...mind you it hasn't done many miles. Only 5,500 over 2 years from the first owner, and since I've only done 6,000....

As others, I've extended the car warranty and still have 4yrs more on the battery, so got peace of mind if anything were to go wrong.
What do Renault currently charge for extending the 4yr warranty?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
£289 to extend the first year.
£309 to extend the next year I think.

Not sure if it stays at £309 or goes up the year after.

Worth noting that early (~2017-2018) the manufacturer warranty was 4yrs, then later (~2019-2020) it changed to only 3yrs. The new ZE50 now has 5yrs I believe.

·
Registered
2017 Renault Zoe (ZE40) Q90
1,344 Posts
I have just purchased the extended Warranty for £309 ( The £20 price rise by Renault in Jan 2021 means its now £309 ) Mine is a June 2017 Q90
Up to 5 years £309 a year
Over 5 years £409

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I have just purchased the extended Warranty for £309 ( The £20 price rise by Renault in Jan 2021 means its now £309 ) Mine is a June 2017 Q90
Up to 5 years £309 a year
Over 5 years £409
Was that from Renaults renewal page? I have just renewed my wife's June 2017 Q90 via the RZOC discount with DSG and it was only £279.

Reactions: PeteEV and dparr59

·
Registered
2017 Renault Zoe (ZE40) Q90
1,344 Posts
Was that from Renaults renewal page? I have just renewed my wife's June 2017 Q90 via the RZOC discount with DSG and it was only £279.
Yes it was from Renaults web site I purchased it a few days before I called at DSG 😣
And you correct about the DSG discount via RZOC too.
Which I found also found out about it from Will at DSG when I spoke to him while I was having the service & MOT done . :mad:

Memo to self : I must remember next year to renew via RZOC

But I did save on this years ( June 2021 ) Car insurance via compare the market.

Last year Aviva renewal was £329 ( June 2020)

So Left to join AA for £265 for a year ( AA renewal this year Quote ( June 2021) is £291 )
Email from AA Insurance today ( 19th May 2021 ) After investigating your premium, I am happy to advise that I can offer you a new price today of £263.53

Thank You but Sorry i am now going back to Aviva for £254 from June 2021 (y)
But i may be back next year who knows !

Aviva completed a £1.1bn deal to buy AA rival RAC in September 2005.
In 2019 Aviva re-joined the panel for broker and motor services provider The AA.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I haven’t bought Renault before and I’m already concerned looking through this forum and reading about leaking door seals
I'm waiting to see if my leaky drivers door has been fixed after my Zoe's 4th trip back to the dealer :rolleyes:. If it wasn't for the leak, I would have been very happy with my Zoe and would have recommended one. The thing that annoys me the most is that Renault must know what's causing this, but they've not communicated it back to the dealers.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I'm waiting to see if my leaky drivers door has been fixed after my Zoe's 4th trip back to the dealer :rolleyes:. If it wasn't for the leak, I would have been very happy with my Zoe and would have recommended one. The thing that annoys me the most is that Renault must know what's causing this, but they've not communicated it back to the dealers.
A slight amount of water ingress is not a deal breaker in my opinion. Plus why would you waste time taking you car to the dealers 4 times instead of taking advice from other owners that have easily solved the problem? I don’t understand.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts