Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm north of NYC and I will need to change my car soon probably. I'm considering an EV next. Have you had an experience with EVs north of NYC and in the lower Hudson area? Is there good charging-station coverage? Should I wait a few years for the technology and infra to mature?

I'm considering the Audi Q5 e-tron right now. What do you think about their tech?

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Kona Ultimate 64kWh
1,780 Posts
I've got very little experience driving an EV around that area, but what I would say is to take a look at PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You and get an idea of the charging around you. That will show you what's around you, and recent feedback form others to say how reliable they found the chargers.

It's been a while since I was last in or around NYC, but my experience at the time was that unless you had a Tesla, there was very little around in the way of DC Fast charging. Your slower AC Charging is fine though, and a good amount of that all over the place.

Do you have the ability to charge at home most of the time or will you be relying solely on public options 24/7? If you can't plug in at home then you will need to think very carefully about charging options and your usage pattery to see if you can make it realistically work without becoming a huge inconvenience.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts