Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
The one thing was the 38 premium for £21K had gone so drove a Premium SE ex demo but that was £27K. On the other hand a 28 premium SE with 25K miles was £17.5K - I'm hanging on for a Premium or Premium SE 38 that is about a year old as these seem to be coming in around 21-22K (SE £23K). I know later in the year there will be a lot of ex 2 year lease vehicles coming onto the market after everyone grabbed the good lease deals.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
It's possible some of those ex-lease cars may have been already registered for the battery recall program, and the owners at the time will have got their cash lump-sum into their Charge MyHyundai account, before selling the car on. I don't know what this amounts to, yet, but what chance they'll pass that over in some form, to you?
Hmmmm...

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq 38 2016 Leaf 30 gone
128 Posts
It's possible some of those ex-lease cars may have been already registered for the battery recall program, and the owners at the time will have got their cash lump-sum into their Charge MyHyundai account, before selling the car on. I don't know what this amounts to, yet, but what chance they'll pass that over in some form, to you?
Hmmmm...
I was thinking about this earlier today, no letter for me so far and my Ioniq is firmly in the middle of those affected VIN’s?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Hmmmm...
I also wondered about this but I was no aware of what the actual figure was currently if its only a small amount it will not matter but not sure if anyone has received this yet ?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hmmmm...
I rang the Hyundai dealer I bought my Ioniq from earlier, they know nothing about a battery recall apparently (yeah right) gave them my VIN and asked if my car is involved or not? They will ring me back when they find out, I’m not going to hold my breath though.
Is there another way of checking, I’ve looked online and can’t find anything official.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Trouble is, we don't know if Hyundai have already worked out that your car's not affected & simply aren't bothering to tell you it's fine! Or, are they simply being a bit slow getting all the letters out? If your battery came from an OK supplier, it would be really useful for H to let you know. Otherwise you're left guessing. I'd be inclined to ping an email to [email protected] or tel 0344 346 0123, these being the 2 methods mentioned in the recall letter I got. And ask them to please notify those owners they know to be safe already, from those in the list of VINs.

·
Registered
Ioniq 38kwh 2020
549 Posts
The one thing was the 38 premium for £21K had gone so drove a Premium SE ex demo but that was £27K. On the other hand a 28 premium SE with 25K miles was £17.5K - I'm hanging on for a Premium or Premium SE 38 that is about a year old as these seem to be coming in around 21-22K (SE £23K). I know later in the year there will be a lot of ex 2 year lease vehicles coming onto the market after everyone grabbed the good lease deals.
I wouldn't bank on all those lease vehicles suddenly flooding the market, I believe most were via Arval, who let you roll the lease on an ongoing monthly basis or buy the car.
Depending on what other lease offers are around when mine is up, I will probably hold onto mine possibly for quite a few more months, or potentially buy it if the price is right.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Interesting as Arval have got a white Premium 69 plate on AutoTrader for £22K with 8K miles - which is not bad I was convinced on a 38 as like having bluelink and the extra range but now torn as my local dealership have a really nice 28 SE for £17K with 25K miles so its really down to range etc. and £5K extra for a 1 year old 38

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
On AT I can see a 38 Premium, 5k miles for 19,750. Private seller, Chingford. Not my favourite colour, but, hey, what a price! It's very likely to be in the battery recall queue though!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
On AT I can see a 38 Premium, 5k miles for 19,750. Private seller, Chingford. Not my favourite colour, but, hey, what a price! It's very likely to be in the battery recall queue though!
Agree great price but really dislike the colour as any other colour and I would go for it

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
For that price you could buy it & get it vinyl-wrapped or whatever it's called? Gives the paintwork extra protection for when you sell later. Worth seeing what this costs, I have a figure of £1000 in mind, but may be way out!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Agree great price but really dislike the colour as any other colour and I would go for it
I just had a look and agree the colour choice is a bit weird, not even sure what colour that is? Good idea about wrapping it though 👍

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Well I'm in negotiation on a 2020 Premium 20 plate < 9 months old with very low miles < 2K which hopefully its not been sat around at 100%. What are peoples thoughts on the Premium spec as I have only test driven a the SE and this is a remote sale , looking a the specs the only thing I would miss is the front parking sensors I think.

·
Registered
Ioniq 38kwh 2020
549 Posts
Well I'm in negotiation on a 2020 Premium 20 plate < 9 months old with very low miles < 2K which hopefully its not been sat around at 100%. What are peoples thoughts on the Premium spec as I have only test driven a the SE and this is a remote sale , looking a the specs the only thing I would miss is the front parking sensors I think.
I wouldn't pay a lot more for the SE, apart from cooled front seats, heated rear seats, blind spot detection, front parking sensors and a more active lane keeping system, I don't think there is much else to warrant an extra £2k list price difference.
There may be good deals on second hands ones though. Kids always moan at me for not getting the SE for the rear heated seat!

Reactions: djsoftware

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Its funny that's the only thing I've got on my Leaf that I won't have on the Ioniq and the front camera which is useful.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
I'm happy in the non-SE have. Not at all bothered about having leather seats, quite happy with the cloth ones.

BTW saw an append on Facebook saying some insurers won't cover wrapped cars, like Direct Line it seems. I didn't know that! I guess it's another thing to be repaired if the bodywork gets dinged, and maybe you have to use the original supplier?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 · (Edited)
Deposit just paid on a 2020 20 plate Ioniq Premium in iron grey - the VIN does come up in the range for the recall even though it was registered in August 2020 (built a lot earlier in 2019) but the Hyundai system is not showing any recalls as of yet but I'm sure it will in due course. Seems a good time to buy as it was already reduced as the dealers are trying to get people back into the showrooms but managed to get mats included which was like getting blood out of a rock ;)

Thanks for everyone's advise etc.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Deposit just paid on a 2020 20 plate Ioniq Premium in iron grey - the VIN does come up in the range for the recall even though it was registered in August 2020 (built a lot earlier in 2019) but the Hyundai system is not showing any recalls as of yet but I'm sure it will in due course. Seems a good time to buy as it was already reduced as the dealers are trying to get people back into the showrooms but managed to get mats included which was like getting blood out of a rock ;)

Going to be a massive upgrade from your Leaf, and I am sure you'll love all the newer tech in it as well. As for the earlier part of the thread, and slower 'rapid' charging, I worked out how many times I might need to rapid charge, and the difference in time annually might account for 1 whole hour extra on top of the 28, that was based on the availability of chargers that do more than 50kW on the places I am likely to go, that will change over time, and might end up being 2 whole hours a year, OMG the horror!

·
Registered
173 Posts

:D (y)

21 - 40 of 42 Posts