Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of, probably silly, questions.

If I buy a s/h Model S 2016, is it possible to add any upgrades, IE subzero pack

Also would it be possible to upgrade to CCS charging ?

How would I add this to my order?

TIA

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Yes you can add CCS no cannot add sub zero or use a referral code on a used vehicle.

Generally CCS aside only changes you can make to a car which is used is enabling autopilot if it is not already done, i.e. software toggle.

·
Registered
824 Posts
If you bought a 2016 model, so long as you don't buy it from Tesla, you'll probably* get free supercharging

You'll also then get a referral code to give to others but if you have free sueprcharging, its about as useful a ticket to the lottery

*the only time you wouldn't get unlimited on a 2016 car is if Tesla had previously sold the car under the new world where they strip unlimited supercharging from their used cars, there are unlikely to be any in that camp at the moment but over time it will grow.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Following on from Tarq's question, is the Tesla warranty invalidated (either the new vehicle limited warranty or the 8 year battery and drive warranty) if a Cat N or Cat C write-off is purchased. A couple of these have appeared in the classifieds in recent months and, on the face of it, look quite attractive. Does anyone have a view on buying a Cat N/C car?

By the way Jon G, great website, thank you.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Following on from Tarq's question, is the Tesla warranty invalidated (either the new vehicle limited warranty or the 8 year battery and drive warranty) if a Cat N or Cat C write-off is purchased. A couple of these have appeared in the classifieds in recent months and, on the face of it, look quite attractive. Does anyone have a view on buying a Cat N/C car?

By the way Jon G, great website, thank you.
Yes it can be invalidated - it can even be worse than that. Tesla will bar the cars from the superchargers if they have any suspicion. A stolen and recovered insurance write off you'd hope not as there was no damage, but I wouldn't rely on it without checking with Tesla

There is meant to be an option to get Tesla to inspect the car to get it reinstated, I believe this is costly and they effectively refuse to do it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
Jon G
Speak EV - Electric Car Forums
A community for enthusiasts of all makes and models of EV from BMW to Tesla, Renault, Nissan, Mitsubishi and more. Join the electrifying discussion today!
Full Forum Listing