Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, since i have always been a fan of EVs, and my peugeot 206 just got totaled, i need a cheap car (gonna have to lease it).
I live in Portugal, and im looking at the used Renault Zoe market here, i have my eyes on a used 2014 renault zoe intens with 30000kms, with batteries paid off, its going for about 12000 euros.
A dealership is selling this particular car im talking about, however i have a few questions,

Since i have never owned an EV i dont have any charging station at home.

If i were to buy the car, would i still get a home charging station for free? our would i have to buy one separately?
Can anyone telll me what range should i expect from this particular model, and finnaly, is it worth me buying this car?

Thank you for your cooperation.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Since im getting an error editing my post.
Edit 1: I dont have the money to straight up buy the zoe, so im gonna have to lease it, Since im working full time, and also paying for college.

On my daily commute i do arround 40km.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I can't give you definitive answers as I am in the UK, but 12,000 Euro's seems a bit high for a 2014 car, even with the battery included. Are you sure the battery is not rented? At that age all batteries were rented and here in the UK you can't buy out the rental. I'd ask the dealer what the lease rates would be and make a decision based on that.

I would think you would have to buy a charge point, Renault funded 1 per car. When negotiating a rate for the lease it's probably worth asking them to pay for the installation of a charger and see what they offer.

Range wise there will be no problem. The Zoe will easily do 100kM in mid winter and 140kM in the summer, even a 22kWh battery version.

·
Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
4,405 Posts
I agree with @Big277wave 12K is too much for a battery lease one and the chances it being a battery owned one is zero. 8K would be more reasonable if private, a tad more maybe if from a dealer.

Check the battery status with RCI before proceeding.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree with @Big277wave 12K is too much for a battery lease one and the chances it being a battery owned one is zero. 8K would be more reasonable if private, a tad more maybe if from a dealer.

Check the battery status with RCI before proceeding.
I was already thinking if they would let me bring it to a renault center to check the battery status, but i will have do ask.

Most of the other cheaper zoes have the new R motor, which I dont like since I want to have the fast charge option, and the cheapest I can find is 10.4k with a battery lease, I guess Portugal has really high prices on the zoes.

·
Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
4,405 Posts
Sorry, battery status I meant "legal status", who rents it etc. Technical status can be figured by the dealer or using CanZE (Shameless Self Plug)

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Might not have an extended warranty, something we feel is essential on here.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry, battery status I meant "legal status", who rents it etc. Technical status can be figured by the dealer or using CanZE (Shameless Self Plug)
Thanks, CanZE can check the battery degradation? thats what i mean by battery status.

Might not have an extended warranty, something we feel is essential on here.
By extended warranty do you mean the 8 year warranty/160k kms?

Would the 2015 models be more prone to not have leased batteries?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, it can read the State of Health percentage from the cars battery computer. Which of course is "just a number" mind you.
Does your App support the KW903 OBD, i saw awhile ago that you guys still didnt fully support it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts