1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
626 Posts
I have seem the presentation at CES (via a couple of youTube video) ...

Plus the few official Byton videos

Interesting to see many Germans guys involved in a Chinese "start-up"

Mainly I'm wondering if they can deliver more then "Faraday Future"

Anyhow ... I would be more interested on somebody from China making a mass market affordable EV car ... I don't understand why EV car makers need to spend time and money on autopilots and other high tech useless stiffs .. like the massive screen inside the car (1m wide screen .. what a waste of money)

If they make a decent range car, with decent performance and design ... for around 20K USD .. then it will start the real EV revolution.

PS: The reversing front seats in their CES presentation was looking quite a no-sense gimmick ...

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Agree completely that the world needs a mass market affordable EV (with genuinely significant range) and really hope most manufacturers (established or new) are working on this.

Having said this, I'm both a former petrol head (read 'I like fast cars', not necessarily ICEs) and a bit of a gadget buff so I will always be interested and sit up an listen if someone is looking to produce a 0-60 car in 5secs with a 1 meter touch screen! :) If they can do this at Tesla 3 prices then all the better!

Oh, and the reversing front seats I think is to future proof it for when level 5 autonomous driving is launched.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts