Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this topic has been covered many times before, Citroen has worked perfectly for the last ten years. We have the Peugeot ion as well which doesn’t have this problem same age 40k miles Citroen 60k. Citroen left without being used for three days with half the bars showing, plugged into Chargemaster point on driveway until full. Unplugged and tried to start turning ignition key fully you would expect to hear the two dings nothing, dashboard fully illuminated. Something I have never seen with the ignition on the bar indicator will creep up from 9oclock to 12 which would indicate fully charged whereas you would always have an immediate reading to the state of charge. Dashboard shows yellow car with apostrophe on dashboard. Battery small one under bonnet working perfectly only three months old? Charged small battery just to make sure installed now creeps up from 6oclock to 12. Maybe the fuses under the bonnet have shorted. Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this. Many thanks.

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Apologies if this topic has been covered many times before, Citroen has worked perfectly for the last ten years. We have the Peugeot ion as well which doesn’t have this problem same age 40k miles Citroen 60k. Citroen left without being used for three days with half the bars showing, plugged into Chargemaster point on driveway until full. Unplugged and tried to start turning ignition key fully you would expect to hear the two dings nothing, dashboard fully illuminated. Something I have never seen with the ignition on the bar indicator will creep up from 9oclock to 12 which would indicate fully charged whereas you would always have an immediate reading to the state of charge. Dashboard shows yellow car with apostrophe on dashboard. Battery small one under bonnet working perfectly only three months old? Charged small battery just to make sure installed now creeps up from 6oclock to 12. Maybe the fuses under the bonnet have shorted. Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this. Many thanks.
There is a heap of these problems just now reported on this website with iMievs, Czeros, iONS. Could you interrogate car with HOBDRIVE App and report back with DTC error code. HOBDRIVE can also be used to clear the error code.
I suspect mine has a faulty ECU!

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,923 Posts
Edit in error.

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,923 Posts
What does edit in error mean.
I asked you something that you had already said, so my post was superfluous. You can't get rid of a post once it posted, so you have to delete and put something in like 'ignore this post'. I chose 'edit in error'.

It brings the phrase, 'read before replying' into direct focus.

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
6,907 Posts
Sorry if teaching grandmother to suck eggs, but have you tested the voltage on the 12v? That charging it changes what the car is showing indicates this could still be the problem.

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,923 Posts
Battery small one under bonnet working perfectly only three months old? Charged small battery just to make sure installed now creeps up from 6oclock to 12. Maybe the fuses under the bonnet have shorted. Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this. Many thanks.
This is what caused me to delete the post above.

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
6,907 Posts
I wondered, but just because it is new and recently charged doesn't mean it is good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will try both batteries on the citroen and Peugeot, if both work fine on the Peugeot this proves I would guess both are ok. I can say for definite over ten years using both cars the orange car warning light has never come on, what’s really seems odd the creeping up from 6 to 12oclok when turning on the ignition.

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Hi OP, there are multiple fuses providing a supply to the EVECU and BMS computers which send data to the instrument ECU. If any of them are broken or high resistance, there is a chance of strange observed behaviour. For the low effort involved, I would pull these fuses and check for continuity/corrosion.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Many thanks to you all, I looked under the bonnet three fuse boxes one large two very much smaller. The largest completely dry minor fading because of age tried to prize fractionally the top. A very small amount of moisture leaked showing quite clearly on the semi faded plastic the bottom half. We have had many flooded road over the past month. Fingers crossed a blown fuse. Again thank you for responding.

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
There's fuse box of sorts on the battery positive terminal ( fuseable links), there's the brake vacuum pump fusebox with its fuses and relays, there's the main underbonnet fusebox with relays etc for headlamps, radiator cooling fan and a lot of other stuff, there is a fusebox/relaybox/BSI by drivers right foot. These are the 12v fuses.

There's a bunch of high voltage fuses too which also eventually might need investigation.

Regards

1 - 12 of 12 Posts