Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering if our 3 year old C Zero has the 16kwh or 14.5kwh battery ?

It seems that sometime during production the battery has shrunk from the imiev's original 16 whr battery to the smaller one - presumably to lower costs. Internet searches aren't too clear.

Ours is a may 2011 registration, and while I'm not overly concerned either way, it would be good to have the bigger battery for range and a bit of headroom when degredation starts to become obvious.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Does that mean my 2009 I-Miev has 14.5kWh? It was one of the original 25 on the CABLED trial. How can you tell:confused:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I've just copied this from the citroen uk website....

'Environmentally friendly and cheap to run, this 100% electric car is driven by an electric motor generating 49 kW (or 67 bhp EEC) powered by a lithium-ion battery with a capacity of 14.5 kWh. The battery supplies the power for the motor, air conditioning and heating.'

just going by the ineptness shown in the fortnight since we got it from the dealer and citroen uk then I'm not surprised. I want the obd reader for the canion app but they're out of stock.

Can I ask.....does anyone find the 'fuel gauge' accurate ? Ours seems petrol like in that it takes ages to drop off full but the gauge drops quickly after that.

And after a quick charge to 80% on a chademo the battery drops very quickly....Two bars and a flashing pump after 35 miles

On the same route I reckon we could have done 75 miles after one full slow charge.

It's early days and the car might be re calibrating itself....but what do others see ?

·
Registered
459 Posts
I did a chademo charge on Saturday, and noted that after the charge the gauge was at 14 boxes, and the charger reported the charge level was 82%. I did use the aircon and heater after that, so the charge level did drop faster than I would have expected.
My overall impression is similar to yours in that the first box lasts quite a long time, and then things seem more linear after that has gone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts